Disable P2P

Hello everyone,

I have Jitsi Desktop deployed within our company. With XMPP Chats,with openfire as the server, things are fine and working as expected. But with XMPP Calls and XMPP Video clients are always performing P2P communication. How can I force them to make any kind of communication using a server? Same like they do with the text only chat.

Thanks for your help.

Hello again,

maybe I was asking my question from the wrong direction. The issue is not that P2P calls are not working, the problem is more the fact that calls between different subnets are not. So the real question is, what kind of software I have to put in between the clients of different origin to enable voice and video communication. I’m really confused if it is the media proxy or a turn/stun server or a jingle node or maybe something complete different. Allowing direct client to client communication over the firewall is not what I want.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Wilhelm

Just in case somebody else is having the same problem, I was able to manage communication over subnet bordes using coturn turn server and provisioning the necessary information and credential directly to my clients.