Deploying Bridge on CDN

Dear all,
I wonder whether to improve the meeting QoS for jitsi we can scale out with multiple bridges but also scale up using CDN service ? With several bridges we can increase the number of concurrent meetings and with CDN we can warrant the quality (delay, jitter) of the meeting.

If your answer is yes for using CDN, then how can we configure the CDN ? As I know with CDN we can “cache” a http(s) (DASH, hls streaming) or RTSP addressing. The question is for a webrtc URL how we can cache with CDN ?
Many thank in advance for your help

meet.jit.si is already using CDN, but this serves only for delivering the static web content and this cannot be used for real-time data.
To configure to use CDN you just need to set in your deployment content to this file: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/base.html setting html base attribute sent to your CDN copy of the web content.

Dear @damencho, I slightly disagree with you in the fact that CDN serves only for delivering the static web content. Working in the domain of digital TV, we use CDN a lot to distribute the live TV channels via RTSP and DASH/HLS streaming. In the former, it uses RTP packets to deliver to clients (and WebRTP does the same way). That is why I wonder how we can exploit the CDN benefit into the streaming feature of Jitsi.

I’m not familiar with that and how this can be of any help of adding another hop between the clients and the bridge, it will add extra delay and jitter in the packets

Thank you @damencho. You are totally right with the CDN. The requirement in the linear TV (even for live program) is still less constrained delay than the video conference :-).
We would like to build a robust topology for jitsi (just like your meet.jit.si) dedicated to our usecase: facilitating the video conference between Vietnam and US. Octo is a good solution. We deploy 2 regions one in VN and one in US. But we still experience some fluctuation in quality. Can you share some techniques to adjust the system in such circumstance, please? Leasing lines between bridge between 2 region?
MAny thanks for your help

We are currently using aws and direct connections in aws between the regions, I don’t think there is anything specific in those connections.

Dear @damencho thank you for sharing your experience with deploying meet.jit.si. If I can ask you scale the meet.jit.si for how many concurrent participants? And you will move it to a paid service soon?
Best regards

There is no plan of changing anything around meet.jit.si to be paid or what so ever. There is no limits for users at the moment and it can scale up on demand, so there is no number that can be given. We have shards in 6 or 7 regions, and if needed can scale up new shards and jvb instances scale up automatic.

Dear @damencho do you have some documents on good practice for deploying jitsi? You meant shard as physical server / virtual server and jvb instances are probably dockers deployment? Then you use kubernetes to load jvb dynamically?
Thank you for you answer
Best regards

No such documents. There are few videos though.

Dear @damencho then please share me such video. I can hardly find them.
Many thanks

It is in the news section on the website, you can find those about deployments, the one about octo.