default avatar in rectangle on fullscreen video view

Hi,

switching to fullscreen leaves a black rectangle with the icon for calling (the default avatar) at the left hand side.

I might have posted this before - but it was shortly before closing down the mailing list.

I have upgraded today to the first "new" version 3249 which still has the issue.

Conrad

Hi Conrad,

Thanks for reporting!

Hi,

switching to fullscreen leaves a black rectangle with the icon for calling (the default avatar) at the left hand side.

I might have posted this before - but it was shortly before closing down the mailing list.

I have upgraded today to the first "new" version 3249 which still has the issue.

Build 3265 should fix the issue. Could you please test and confirm it works for you?

Cheers,
Yana

···

On Jan 26, 2011, at 8:49 PM, Conrad Beckert wrote:

Conrad
<Bildschirmfoto.png>

Hallo Yana,

thank you for correcting the full screen view.

There is a new button for local video which doesn't have effect yet (at least on my ubuntu) - is it supposed to work yet or not?

Greetings
Conrad

Dear all,
running now nb 3273 under WinXP SP3:

+) occasionally the otr function disappears in the local chat window - pls see attachment (it comes back after restarting jitsi)

+) so far only the buttons for audio call and desktop sharing appear in the local chat window, but not the videocall-button (I dont know if it should be like this)

kind regards, MS

Hi Conrad,

Hallo Yana,

thank you for correcting the full screen view.

There is a new button for local video which doesn't have effect yet (at least on my ubuntu) - is it supposed to work yet or not?

Yes. It's supposed to show/hide local video component when one is visible. However I've received some feedback from other people who find it a little bit confusing. There was a suggestion from Emil to hide the button (instead of disabling it) when the local video is not visible, and thus it could not be used.

Another small issue we encountered is described here: http://java.net/jira/browse/JITSI-909.

Is your problem related to one of these or it's a completely different issue?

Thanks,
Yana

···

On Feb 4, 2011, at 6:25 PM, Conrad Beckert wrote:

Greetings
Conrad

Hi Mr Smith,

Dear all,
running now nb 3273 under WinXP SP3:

+) occasionally the otr function disappears in the local chat window - pls see attachment (it comes back after restarting jitsi)

Could you please create an issue for this one? As the OTR function is provided by a plugin, could you please check your logs for some exceptions, indicating problems with this plugin, and attach them to the issue?

+) so far only the buttons for audio call and desktop sharing appear in the local chat window, but not the videocall-button (I dont know if it should be like this)

Yes, the videocall button isn't yet available in the chat window. It's not yet implemented. You could create a feature request on the issue tracker for this one.

Thanks!
Yana

p.s. please be careful to not highjack other threads, because it becomes very difficult to follow

···

On Feb 4, 2011, at 7:05 PM, Mr Smith wrote:

kind regards, MS<noVideoCall.jpg><noOTR.jpg>

Hallo Yana,

Yes. It's supposed to show/hide local video component when one is visible.
However I've received some feedback from other people who find it a little
bit confusing. There was a suggestion from Emil to hide the button
(instead of disabling it) when the local video is not visible, and thus it could not be used.

What do you mean by: local video is available:
a) I have a camera up and running
b) My platform is supported (what ever this might be - I have Ubuntu 10.10 and I don't have local video, I remember having one when I tested on Windows a while ago)

Another small issue we encountered is described here:
http://java.net/jira/browse/JITSI-909.

No, it looks familiar :slight_smile: I currently have a video call open, but not full screen, and can click the button - but nothing happens.

Greetings
Conrad