Debian postinst script for prosody

Hi

In jitsi-meet/jitsi-meet-prosody.postinst at master · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub a sed is done regarding the focus component, line 142->144.
And it refer to jvb_hostname env var. But how is that possible when we can have multiple jvb ?
What value should we set here ?

Thanks

This is for focus - jicofo which is just one. Jvb uses brewery room and you can connect multiple of those jitsi-videobridge/postinst at ff1f30273bf72332a71465ccc8fa74ae51170882 · jitsi/jitsi-videobridge · GitHub

This config should normally work so ?

Component "focus.{{ .Env.XMPP_DOMAIN }}"  "client_proxy"
    target_address = "{{ .Env.JICOFO_AUTH_USER }}@{{ .Env.XMPP_DOMAIN }}"

Do you agree ?
Because my JVB has a short lifetime, and hostname aren’t know before they pop …

Yes

Ok :slight_smile: Now it seems that prosody isn’t listening on port 5347 (external component) cause Jicofo complains :

SEVERE: [35] org.jitsi.jicofo.xmpp.FocusComponent.log() java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused), host:xmpp.jitsi-domain.meet, port:5347

Is there something to add in prosody so that it listen to this port ? (I don’t really understand why but it is mandatory for jicofo to start)
Itry Need help adding a video-bridge to jitsi-meet server - #6 by amritanshtambi without success.
Also now prosody complain about client_proxy

2021-03-27T00:31:51.816Z modulemanager e[1;31merrore[0m Unable to load module ‘client_proxy’: /usr/lib/prosody/modules/mod_client_proxy.lua: No such file or directory

So I switch to unstable Jitsi package, and it fix this problem.

But prosody still not listening on port 5437

For latest unstable we do not use components anywhere. That will soon be pushed to stable.

So I go back to stable, add the lua file ‘manually’ because he is not available yet.

the mod_client_proxy file is not (yet) necessary for stable.
current stable ==> jicofo → prosody port 5347 direct component connection
unstable ==> jicofo → prosody port 5222 through mod_client_proxy

Thanks for the explanation
S because I’m using docker-jitsi-meet to depoy, unstable is not handle yet.
Is there so doc related to ‘unstable’ parameters somewhere ?