Debian 10, ldap authentication fails after upgrade to jitsi-meet 2.0.5870-1

Hello,

I just upgraded yesterday my jitsi installation with apt-get upgrade and it brought the various jitsi components to the following versions:

ii  jicofo                                1.0-747-1                                  all          JItsi Meet COnference FOcus
ii  jitsi-meet                            2.0.5870-1                                 all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-prosody                    1.0.4985-1                                 all          Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-web                        1.0.4985-1                                 all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-web-config                 1.0.4985-1                                 all          Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
rc  jitsi-videobridge                     1126-1                                     amd64        WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)
ii  jitsi-videobridge2                    2.1-492-g5edaf7dd-1                        all          WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)

The issue is that during the installation of jitsi-meet-prosody, the following error message was displayed:

Preparing to unpack .../jitsi-meet-prosody_1.0.4985-1_all.deb ...
Unpacking jitsi-meet-prosody (1.0.4985-1) over (1.0.4985-1) ...
Setting up jitsi-meet-prosody (1.0.4985-1) ...
Component "focus.AAAA.XXXXXX.com" "client_proxy"
modulemanager       error	Error initializing module 'auth_ldap2' on 'focus.AAAA.XXXXXX.com': /usr/lib/prosody/modules/ldap.lib.lua:245: attempt to call field 'unlock_globals' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	/usr/lib/prosody/modules/ldap.lib.lua:245: in main chunk
	(...tail calls...)
	/usr/lib/prosody/modules/mod_auth_ldap2/mod_auth_ldap2.lua:14: in main chunk
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	/usr/lib/prosody/core/modulemanager.lua:178: in function 'do_load_module'
	/usr/lib/prosody/core/modulemanager.lua:256: in function 'load'
	/usr/lib/prosody/core/usermanager.lua:67: in function 'initialize_host'
	.../share/jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/mod_roster_command.lua:41: in function 'subscribe'
	.../share/jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/mod_roster_command.lua:143: in function <.../share/jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/mod_roster_command.lua:135>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	/usr/lib/prosody/core/modulemanager.lua:320: in function 'call_module_method'
	/usr/bin/prosodyctl:1316: in function 'func'
	/usr/lib/prosody/util/async.lua:127: in function </usr/lib/prosody/util/async.lua:125>

Following the information at Authentication ldap fails after Upgrade prosody 0.11 - #3 by ajj75012 I installed also a newer version of lualdap with luarocks install lualdap 1.2.6-1 and removed the Debian one with apt-get remove lua-ldap. I then reinstalled jitsi-meet-prosody with apt-get --reinstall install jitsi-meet-prosody but I got the exact same error message.

I would welcome any suggestion to re-enable ldap authentication in jitsi.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Paul

What is your prosody version?

It is version 0.11.2-1+deb10u2

$ dpkg -l | grep prosody
ii  jitsi-meet-prosody                    1.0.4985-1                                 all          Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii  prosody                               0.11.2-1+deb10u2                           amd64        Lightweight Jabber/XMPP server
ii  prosody-modules                       0.0~hg20190203.b54e98d5c4a1+dfsg-1+deb10u1 all          Selection of community modules for Prosody

I use prosody and prosody-modules from buster-backports and ldap_auth with ldap2 is working

ii  prosody                              0.11.9-1~bpo10+1                           amd64        Lightweight Jabber/XMPP server
ii  prosody-modules                      0.0~hg20210130.dd3bfe8f182e+dfsg-2~bpo10+1 all          Selection of community modules for Prosody

Perhaps you need to remove the line with “component_secret” from the block

-- Proxy to jicofo's user JID, so that it doesn't have to register as a component.
Component "focus.jitmeet.example.com" "client_proxy"
    target_address = "focusUser@auth.jitmeet.example.com"

with the last update jicofo changed from component to “client_proxy”-user

Thank you for your answer and suggestion.

I upgraded prosody and prosody-modules to the version from buster-backports and removed the line “component_secret” from the block as suggested but I still get the same error while reinstalling jitsi-meet-prosody

Maybe a clean installation (on a new machine or after purging all jitsi related packages) will be the quickest solution

Hello everyonelm Have someone solve this problem? I’ve just got the same error message after upgrade to jitsi-meet-prosody 1.0.5638-1.