Customizing text from json files not working anymore? intended

Hello,

It seems that customizing the various text via the .json files is not an option anymore in latest release?

for example main.json: “headerTitle” -> adjust text.
now its transpiled (?) into the libs/app.bundle.min.js
is that intended aka json files needs to be modified before compiling/transpiling or (and json files are now not used anymore?) or am i missing somethhing here?

It is always been the case that the main.json file as a default language is embedded in the bundle.

hmm that explains that, thanks!

however, it seems that the language is broken then? I have set:
defaultLanguage: ‘de’,

and while the "configure button (gear icon on welcome page) shows DE (and also is german text there), the main page seems to use english and not use the (modified) lang-de.json

i have also tried and disabled
LANG_DETECTION: false

with no effect. Welcome Page remains english it seems, am i missing something here?

Have you tried in incognito mode?

yes, always for testing (also with console and disable cache)

also, i just noticed that startVideoMuted is not being honored anymore?

ah that explains that, hmm though i did nuke the entire cache/application store and whatnot, still starts with camera on even though disabled via config.js settting and i have “never” visited the site from that browser.

i deleted all browser cache, tried from a naked (ephermal system) system as well, still camera is on initially -> second launch (after disabling the first time) it “remembers” correctly.

regarding the language, i tired from incognite/different browsers and mobile -> it seems english by default and doesnt use my json files (it works for interface buttons/configure, german is used there but not the welcome page, which essentially disables the text customizations)

1 Like

Seems like a bug … I also do not see prejoin screen to be translated. You can open a bug in jitsi-meet repo for that.

1 Like

hi[quote=“snek, post:1, topic:91048, full:true”]
Hello,

It seems that customizing the various text via the .json files is not an option anymore in latest release?

for example main.json: “headerTitle” -> adjust text.
now its transpiled (?) into the libs/app.bundle.min.js
is that intended aka json files needs to be modified before compiling/transpiling or (and json files are now not used anymore?) or am i missing somethhing here?
[/quote]

:smiley:

will do! thanks for the assistance already
-> Jitsi-Meet Release 2.0.5390: defaultLanguage settings not used for welcomePage and PrejoinPage & modified .json files not being used anymore · Issue #8444 · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub

hi how are you

hello? is this a bot? :slight_smile: