Customize Login Screen

I couldn’t change the area I marked in the picture. where can i change the articles?
I could not find it in the Turkish language file, if it is in the language file, which label will I change

That is an automatically generated room name. If I’m not mistaken, it’s generated here. But I might be wrong as I am not vey familiar with the code base. This just seems like the page.

The function itself resides in another repo: https://github.com/jitsi/js-utils/blob/master/random/roomNameGenerator.js

1 Like

yes I found this in me. but I couldn’t find the area to make changes in the system I installed. I examined all the files but unfortunately I couldn’t find

Hi,

due to the topic of this threat I’d like to add a similar problem. I have authentication enabled and the login screen looks like

jitsi-auth-login-screen

In my case, the login name is not an email address. Therefore, I’d like to change the hint “user@domain.net”.

In the code, I found in

/usr/share/jitsi-meet/libs/app.bundle.min.js

placeholder=${config.hosts.authdomain?“user identity":"user@domain.net”}

Is there any way to change “user@domain.net” via configuration file instead of modifying the code itself?

1 Like

In addition: The interface_config is overwritten after every update as well. This should be avoided :frowning:

Hi there !
For those who don’t want to edit app.bundle.min.js, here is a workaround using MutationObserver that I’ve put in my /usr/share/jitsi-meet/plugin.head.html :

<script>
var observer = new MutationObserver(function (mutations, me) {
  if(!window.APP.conference.isJoined()){
    var canvas = $('input[name ="username"]').length;
        if (canvas) {
          $('input[name ="username"]').attr('placeholder', 'login');
          return;
        }
  }
  else {
    me.disconnect(); // we joined a conference, stop observing
  }
});

$(document).ready(function() {
  // start observing
  observer.observe(document, {
    childList: true,
    subtree: true
  });
});
</script>

i want change this thing so how can i change?

This text can be edited In file /usr/share/jitsi-meet/lang/main-en.json
(Replace “-en” with the shortcut of your language.)

To force Jitsi to use this language only you will need to change two other files.

• In file /usr/share/jitsi-meet/interface_config.js change LANG_DETECTION from true to false.
  • In file /etc/jitsi/meet/yourdomain.com-config.js set your language as default:
    defaultLanguage: 'en',

Please be aware that future Jitsi package updates may revert these changes.

This text comes from the

/usr/share/jitsi-meet/libs/app.bundle.min.js

Updates will overwrite your edits and return to original…

The text for the welcome page and all texts used for the user interface is stored as json files inside the
jitsi-meet/lang/
folder.

There is one file for each language the end user may use:

main-gb.json:
"appDescription": "Go ahead, video chat with the whole team. In fact, invite everyone you know. {{app}} is a fully encrypted, 100% open source video conferencing solution that you can use all day, every day, for free — with no account needed.",

main-ja.json
"appDescription": "チーム全体とビデオチャットしましょう。あなたが知っている皆さんを招待してください。{{app}}は完全に暗号化された100%オープンソースのビデオ会議ソリューションで、一日中、毎日無料でご利用いただけます。アカウントは必要ありません。",

The jitsi-meet react user-interface uses the “appDescription” keyword to place the translated text on the welcome page, depending on the language setting.

If you look at the jitsi-meet react sourcecode then you can see and change what text is put on the WelcomePage:

github.com

jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/react/features/welcome/components/WelcomePage.web.js#L190-L193

<p className = 'header-text-description'>
    { t('welcomepage.appDescription',
        { app: APP_NAME }) }
</p>

All the files under jitsi-meet/react are compiled when the developer rebuild the user interface following the development instructions
into jitsi-meet/libs/app.bundle.min.js

Thanks it works

I want call my php page instead of index .html

Hey I want to disable authentication process according to room name please can anyone help me?

The solution for this problem is described on Best practice to customize interface_config.js

1 Like

Thx, this works. Will the file /usr/share/jitsi-meet/plugin.head.html be overridden during updates, too?

Everything in /usr/share, I assume…