Customization on Jitsi

jigasi
sip
meet

Hi @damencho,
I have installed Jitsi meet at my own server and its working fine but My requirement is something below
User A will create an account with us in order to access live streaming classes.
Teaching class
User can chat (text)
User sets up their camera
When class begins: User’s main view is the presenter
User can still chat with group
User can receive help from the Support Instructor (SI)
User can only see the main presenter not all joined users also can hear to main presenter not all users.

Support Instructors need to enter the class management dashboard
SI can chat (text) to users
SI can talk to user through audio – One at a time and only that one user can hear the audio of the SI.

Is this possible in Jitsi meet and where I need to customization because when I install it I got only Jitsi meet code.

I follow this video to install jitsi meet.

Please help me or provide some guidance on same so that I can achieve this.

This is something you want to develop, you can configure prosody to use sql for the user database.

There is a Follow-me feature, which enabled everybody will see the same view (who is on stage) as the one that had enabled it, the presenter. Have you checked that?
Participants can already chat, have you tried that?
No idea what is SI, but seems like you just need to open a different tab with a different conference with a particular participant. Or using the iframe API just open a different conference on the same page.

I don’t see why it is not possible, it is just a lot of work.

All the source code can be found on https://github.com/jitsi/, the projects are jitsi-meet, lib-jitsi-meet, jicofo, jitsi-videobridge, libjitsi and other small dependencies here and there which you will not need.

I believe that I can use mysql too with prosody ?.. I have install using video so could you please guide how I will setup this…do I need to setup additional or any guide from where I can do this?

Please help me or provide some guidance on same so that I can achieve this.

There is a Follow-me feature, which enabled everybody will see the same view (who is on stage) as the one that had enabled it, the presenter. Have you checked that?
RN: I didn’t could you please share how to do it…any documentation ?
Participants can already chat, have you tried that?
RN: Yes it is working fine no problem in this.
No idea what is SI, but seems like you just need to open a different tab with a different conference with a particular participant. Or using the iframe API just open a different conference on the same page.

RN: SI means support instructors so I want if someone need any help so that support instructor can help them individually one at a time.

Actully I installed suign youtube video but I get code only for Jitsi meet , not for lib-jitsi-meet, jicofo, jitsi-videobridge…so could you please guide how can I get the whole source code?

Also I have checked Git code that is full code but after installation I did’t get whole code.

I got this under setting option

What is meaning of Everyone start hidden : This means no one can see to each other…only main presenter can see all?

This means every one that joins will be with video muted, and in order to send video needs to unmute.

Ok thank you for quick response.

@ damencho: So I believe that if I want this feature like only presenter can see all and no once can see each other then I need to code it and then it is possible only, no built in features?

No such feature, its a conference and everyone can see the rest.

Is there any feature for support Instructors ?

No, but it seems to me something you can implement in your app, like opening a second conference with a person.

Actually I installed using you-tube video but I get code only for Jitsi meet , not for lib-jitsi-meet, jicofo, jitsi-videobridge…so could you please guide how can I get the whole source code?

Also I have checked Git code that is full code but after installation I did’t get whole code.

Any suggestion how can I get full code for all modules (lib-jitsi-meet, jicofo, jitsi-videobridge) ?

Did you checkout jitsi-meet from github? If so go to github to the other packages I had added above and you can checkout their source code. Everything is under github.com/jitsi, you just need to check it out.

Hi @damencho

I am using below code

<script src="https://meet.jit.si/external_api.js"></script>
    <script> 
        var userName = '{{uName}}';
        var meetingRoomName = '{{jClsName}}';
        // Call APi an dget full user details here
            var domain = "3.16.104.237";
            var options = {
                roomName: meetingRoomName,
                width: 700,
                height: 600,
                parent: undefined,
                configOverwrite: {},
                interfaceConfigOverwrite: {
                    filmStripOnly: false
                }
            }
            var api = new JitsiMeetExternalAPI(domain, options);
            api.executeCommand('displayName', userName);

</script>

Is there any option to set “Everyone-follows me” using code in options setting so whenever any user join meeting, he/she will always follow to meeting creator?

Please help

Like if I can set it True and false from config so we do not require to do it manually from setting …please suggest if any way to do it.

Nope, it is available only in settings.

Sorry for this but this is my requirement.
Can we fix that the a particular user will be the moderator irrespective of who joins first is there anyway to do it??

Use secure- domain

Hi @damencho

Is there any setting in code so that I can run my web-application in mobile too without using the mobile app?

Currently when I opened it in mobile it is asking to download the mobile app.

One more question:

In Jitsi-meet Web application After finishing call, when I click end call button then can we call a function or can I get event …is there any function…so that I can perform any action on that event…like can call our custom function and can add custom code to perform any action?

I tried

setTimeout(function(){
alert(“Yes workinggggg” + meetingRoomName);
api.dispose();
}, 4000);

But its calling immediately but I want to call this onClick on End call Red Icon

u can use this on your own risk. jitsi-meet web is not optimised for mobile

Ok thanks for your response.