Custom UI for jitsi meet

@saghul yes it’s working perfectly. can you please tell me how to set earpiece as default sound device for audio call? and how to listen all user disconnected from room except current user? is there any way to get room chats conversation without on audio or video call?

That’s by design. You’d have to modify the code yourself to adapt it. See the AudioMode.m file.

That’s not currently possible.

That’s not currently possible.

Haii, i’m sorry, may i ask something. I want to remove hangup button. I’m already using the mobile-19.5 branch then

1. run npm install
  2. I created folder ‘temp/repo’ inside mobibe-19.5 directory.
  3. Modified Toolbox.js
  4. Then in the documentation said :

A script is provided to facilitate this. From the root of the jitsi-meet project repository, run:

./android/scripts/release-sdk.sh /tmp/repo

This will build and publish the SDK, and all of its dependencies to the specified Maven repository ( /tmp/repo ) in this example.

when i execute that, it didn’t do anything? where should i create /tmp/repo on windows?
i’m using vscode on windows
thank you :slight_smile:

The path you pass to the script must be absolute. So create it at the root of your system: mkdir /tmp/repo

Ah, we have a problem then. We don’t support building on Windows, just Linux and macOS.

Thank you so much for your reply, it really helped me :slight_smile:

Hi Saghul, I read full topic and it was really helpful to achieve my first SDK customization. It was a really struggle for me to use the new sdk/repo because I was trying to use it in a Cordova plugin and I don’t know pretty much about java.
Finally after a 16 hours straight I achieve a customized interface (just remove some buttons in video call view) my question is how to make a lean SDK because it takes about 30mb of space and I don’t need etherpad, dropbox, welcome screen and a lot of JitsiMeet app features, just video view and probably chat because I pass URL from my app logic and manage behavior of my app outside Jitsi-meet view.
I read react-native code from app component to conference but I can’t find how to cut undesired functionalities, and I don’t know how to omit them in build process too.
Is there any tips that you can give me, where I could start looking?

Excuse my english.

Thank you in advance, your support is great!

Hi!
If You succesfully customized jitsi meet mobile, can anybody do a step by step tutorial on jitsi meet android customization? please.

2 Likes

When I run react-native run-android:
it error:
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    Failed to capture fingerprint of output files for task ‘:app:generateDebugBuildConfig’ property ‘sourceOutputDir’ during up-to-date check.

Could not read path ‘C:\Users\ASUS\jitsi-meet\android\app\build\generated\source\buildConfig\debug\org\jitsi’.

• Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

• Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 2m 57s

error Failed to install the app. Make sure you have the Android development environment set up: https://facebook.github.io/react-native/docs/getting-started.html#android-development-environment. Run CLI with --verbose flag for more details.
Error: Command failed: gradlew.bat app:installDebug -PreactNativeDevServerPort=8081

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

So, if I follow all the steps on Linux or macOS, will I be able to use the same code in android studio and windows and I will be able to customize the UI?

Thanks

You can do everything on Windows, except build it.

After building I can port all code to Windows and work on customization, right?
Just confirming it. Sorry about the questions, I am new .

Thanks

The other way around. You can do all customizations on Windows, then build on macOS / Linux.

But how? because when I try to run steps " Build and use your own SDK artifacts/binaries" in the link https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/tree/master/android … I get errors.
And in this thread you explained that it will work on WIndows

@saghul @jiakesim @Ashok_Songara @Innace @Mayur_Bhandari @huynhnv @imzahidulislam

have done all the steps…

here are the folders i got after this

/home/kunal/Desktop/jitsi-meet-master/tmp/repo/org
I have added custom sdk with android project like ( maven { url “file:/tmp/repo” }) and also implemented it but now when i want to use JitsiMeetConferenceOptions class it shows error that class not found…
Could you please tell me how can i access my custom sdk changes in my new androiod project ??

Along with webkit folder under “org” directory, there should be another folder, which contains “react” folder if i am not wrong.
In react folder there will be sdk folder, which should be used in your build.gradle file.

Did you run the script "/android/scripts/release-sdk.sh “this should be your folder path”

for example
./android/scripts/release-sdk.sh /Users/demouser/Desktop/jitsi_android_sdk_local/repo

Hello,
Thanks for replying…
i have solved it…
Now i am using it in my own application and its awesome…
Thank You #dev:jitsi-meet-api

Great. :+1: :+1:

When i run the script with this ./android/scripts/release-sdk.sh /tmp/repo .
This Error occours although, i have the react-native-cli installed, and it’s in the node modules.Any help would be much appreciated @saghul

> Task :sdk:bundleReleaseJsAndAssets FAILED
** internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:969**
** throw err;**
** ^**

** Error: Cannot find module ‘/private/tmp/repo/node_modules/react-native/local-cli/cli.js’**
** at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:966:15)**
** at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:842:27)**
** at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (internal/modules/run_main.js:71:12)**
** at internal/main/run_main_module.js:17:47 {**
** code: ‘MODULE_NOT_FOUND’,**
** requireStack: **
** }**

Node V # 12.x
NPM V # 6.x

Did you run npm install first?

Yes i did run npm install.