Custom Jitsi server capabilities

Hi all!

We are planning to use Jitsi as main service for video-calls (using AWS), and the main focus will be the ‘elapsed time’ of the call itself. We have several questions, please if we could get some advices:

1. Is possible to handle or validate the ‘elapsed time’ of the call in real time?
    eg: let’s say we want to cut the call, if it reach a certain time limit

2. Is possible to preconfigure the call with a password ?
    eg: as we could generate an UUID for very call, an extra safe layer would be great

3. We know is possible to store the call in dropbox, but is it possible to do so in our server or another instance?

Any advice or suggestion will be very helpful

Thanks in advance

This is very easy controllable through a custom prosody module.

This also can be done from a module in prosody.

Yep, there is a script that is executed after the recording, the script to upload to drop box, same can be used/replaced by your script.

Hi @damencho

Thanks so much for rapid response!

We will checking your guidance furthermore

Thanks again

Hi!

CC: @damencho

I was wondering how to handle the conference time, to explain better:

Lets say we want 3 conferences with specific constraints,

conference # 1, with up to 10min
conference # 2, with up to 5min
conference # 3, with up to 15min

There is a way to add one custom attribute to the room, let’s say “maximum time” so we check its value on the server ? (or this is not the way)

where or how can we handle this ?
We tried something (but we think it does applies as general, to all conferences)

Also, we tried this but we are not sure if was OK, is not working.

We added mod_time_restricted.lua in /usr/share/jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins-custom and in /etc/prosody/conf.d we did plugin_paths = { "/usr/share/jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/","/usr/share/jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins-custom/" }

Maybe there is something we missed up…

I understand thats a bunch of questions, we really want to use Jitsi in our development.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

mod_time_restricted set the same timeout to all conferences, it has no support for variable timeouts

One way is to use the reservation system the docs for it are here: jicofo/reservation.md at master · jitsi/jicofo · GitHub, but bare with me for a moment:

We really want to remove that part from jicofo and PR for that is open and I’m planning to work on it for months now (to test it and if needed to fix some UI glitches which probably are seen and with the one in jicofo), reports are that it works ok. I will get to it soon I hope …

So my advice is actually to use the prosody plugin from the PR, as this will be merged at some point and we will drop the jicofo support for it at some point.

And in the PR it is only lua code that can be applied to any jitsi-meet version. And the good thing is, that if you find problems you can comment in the PR or propose changes so we can improve it.