Custom Jitsi Frontend Config

Hello everyone, I am trying to write my own video conferencing frontend and am confused about the configuration settings.

I deployed a Jitsi server and configured it and all is working fine. This comes with the default Jitsi Meet frontend. This frontend relies on the settings of config.js or /etc/jitsi/meet/domain-config.js

When writing the custom frontend using the lib-jitsi-meet.min.js of my server, do I need to create a config.js for my frontend or will it rely on the one specified on the server?

You can get the one you have and pass it to lib-jitsi-meet. Always its a ood idea to check jitsi-meet for inspiration and how things work. And as you have it working also debugging through the browser is easy to check what calls what.

When you say I can get the one I have, you’re referring to the config dictated in the /etc/jitsi/meet/domain-config.js file. With that said, how do I pass that config in my frontend application?

The JitsiMeetJS, JitsiConnection, and JitsiConference objects all take an (options) parameter.

Yes, you pass config object from that file

Put a breakout there and see what is passed

Thank you @damencho

One last question: Is it better to reference the lib-jitsi-meet.min.js from my server or should I incorporate the actual library in my project? What are the differences if any?

reference it

lib-jitsi-meet should be updated when you update the whole stack, otherwise, you risk incompatible versions between clients and backend.