Creating an Admin User

Hi,
I am an enthusiastic amateur running Linux and have managed to install Jitsi on Ubuntu LTS server as a project to get small groups together during Covid lock down.
I only want myself to be able create rooms and passwords, is there some information on how I can do this like a system Admin User or do I have to do a lot of manual configuration file editing?
A link to some applicable information would suffice.

Thanks

For your usecase I’d suggest to follow the secure domain setup as explained here:

You’ll need to edit some configuration files and restart the services afterwards. Make sure to adjust the jitsi-meet.example.com part of the URLs given in the examples to your own domain while keeping the subdomain parts like guest and auth where appropriate.

Thanks for the information, I have read it but I just need to confirm what parts I need to do.
I have installed Jitsi from the Ubuntu repository and made certs from letsencrypt.
Can you please confirm I only need to do the following:

1. Prosidy
  2. Jitsi meet config
  3. X
  4. X
  5. X

and then Complete “On Linux” setup
As this is the first server I have built, I think its best to be sure before proceeding!

Hi,
I used the following instructions and it worked OK:

Guests can open the room dialog but they cannot enter it without being an authorised user!
Is there any way to set up a room with password to let others log into, after you have logged out!?

1 Like