Couldn't enable transcription using vosk?

I tried changing various configuations on server for enabling the transcriptions, but I couldn’t enable it? I went though the forum with similar threads.

The request didn’t reach vosk server.

$ docker logs xxx
LOG (VoskAPI:ReadDataFiles():model.cc:213) Decoding params beam=13 max-active=7000 lattice-beam=6
LOG (VoskAPI:ReadDataFiles():model.cc:216) Silence phones 1:2:3:4:5:11:12:13:14:15
LOG (VoskAPI:RemoveOrphanNodes():nnet-nnet.cc:948) Removed 0 orphan nodes.
LOG (VoskAPI:RemoveOrphanComponents():nnet-nnet.cc:847) Removing 0 orphan components.
LOG (VoskAPI:ReadDataFiles():model.cc:248) Loading i-vector extractor from /opt/vosk-model-en/model/ivector/final.ie
LOG (VoskAPI:ComputeDerivedVars():ivector-extractor.cc:183) Computing derived variables for iVector extractor
LOG (VoskAPI:ComputeDerivedVars():ivector-extractor.cc:204) Done.
LOG (VoskAPI:ReadDataFiles():model.cc:279) Loading HCLG from /opt/vosk-model-en/model/graph/HCLG.fst
LOG (VoskAPI:ReadDataFiles():model.cc:294) Loading words from /opt/vosk-model-en/model/graph/words.txt
LOG (VoskAPI:ReadDataFiles():model.cc:303) Loading winfo /opt/vosk-model-en/model/graph/phones/word_boundary.int
LOG (VoskAPI:ReadDataFiles():model.cc:310) Loading subtract G.fst model from /opt/vosk-model-en/model/rescore/G.fst
LOG (VoskAPI:ReadDataFiles():model.cc:312) Loading CARPA model from /opt/vosk-model-en/model/rescore/G.carpa
LOG (VoskAPI:ReadDataFiles():model.cc:318) Loading RNNLM model from /opt/vosk-model-en/model/rnnlm/final.raw

I have no idea what’s going on. Could someone please help resolve it?

I have attached the config and log files.
I am using self-signed certificate.

Few properties in sip-communicator:

org.jitsi.jigasi.DEFAULT_JVB_ROOM_NAME=siptest@conference.85.25.194.101
org.jitsi.jigasi.MUC_SERVICE_ADDRESS=conference.85.25.194.101
org.jitsi.jigasi.BREWERY_ENABLED=true
org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.IS_SERVER_OVERRIDDEN=true
org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.ANONYMOUS_AUTH=false
org.jitsi.jigasi.xmpp.acc.ALLOW_NON_SECURE=true
net.java.sip.communicator.service.gui.ALWAYS_TRUST_MODE_ENABLED=true
org.jitsi.jigasi.ENABLE_TRANSCRIPTION=true
org.jitsi.jigasi.ENABLE_SIP=false
org.jitsi.jigasi.transcription.USE_VIDEO_MODEL = true
org.jitsi.jigasi.transcription.SAVE_TXT=true
org.jitsi.jigasi.transcription.SEND_JSON=true
org.jitsi.jigasi.transcription.SEND_TXT=true
org.jitsi.jigasi.transcription.customService=org.jitsi.jigasi.transcription.VoskTranscriptionService
org.jitsi.jigasi.transcription.vosk.websocket_url=ws://localhost:2700

Config
jicofo.conf.txt (550 Bytes)
jicofo_config.txt (403 Bytes)
jigasi_config.txt (292 Bytes)
jigasi_sip-communicator.properties.txt (14.3 KB)
85.25.194.101-config.js.txt (63.0 KB)

Logs
jicofo.log (72.1 KB)
jigasi.log (650.7 KB)
jvb.log (166.7 KB)

Sorry I’m not familiar with vosk.
What you can do is create an issue in jigasi repo asking charles-zablit for help, pointing to this thread.
I’m not sure he is monitoring the forum.

okay

Hello,

You seem to be using docker to run VOSK.
Is your whole Jitsi config using docker? If so, I believe that your URL for “vosk.websocket_url” is invalid.

If your VOSK container does not expose 2700 to the host, “localhost” will not work, you have to set it to the ip of the docker container or its docker-compose service name (usually “vosk”) if they are on the same docker-compose network.

Is your whole Jitsi config using docker? If so, I believe that your URL for “vosk.websocket_url” is invalid.

Could you please explain this part? What should be in the “vosk.websocket_url”?

Do you mean using ws://172.17.0.2:2700 if docker IP 172.17.0.2 is instead of ws://85.25.194.101:2700?

Thanks

Yes exactly.

Ideally, you want to organize everything in a docker-compose file for easier configuration, so that the IP never changes and you are able to easily use the container’s hostname.