We’re doing a lot of comedy filming and streaming, and now that physical audiences aren’t possible we’re looking at ways to emulate that experience online. I’m new to Jitsi but it looks like a great option and seems much more customisable than solutions like Zoom, Teams, Skype etc.
I’m wondering if it would be possible to configure a custom Jitsi server in a way that allows a performer to be able to see all the participants on a screen, and also hear their laughs/reactions. This is how we would want to set it up:
- 50-75 participants
- Participants can only hear host, not each other
- Host computer hears all participants
- Host computer displays all participants in tile/grid view
- Participants can see host full screen
- Participants don’t need to see each other, but fine if they can
I realise the end result won’t ever be as good as the real thing, due to latency and the variation in everyone’s audio setups, but is it possible to set Jitsi up in this way?