connection.GET_SESSION_ID_ERROR

I obtain a connection.GET_SESSION_ID_ERROR when I login with host credentials to access a new room. Credentials are ok, because if I introduce wrong credentials a warning is shown. I obtain this errors at the browser console:
[modules/xmpp/moderator.js] <l.prototype._allocateConferenceFocusError>: Unauthorized to start the conference
[modules/UI/authentication/AuthHandler.js] <b/</n</<>: authenticateAndUpgradeRole failed
Object { authenticationError: “internal-server-error”, message: “” }
[conference.js] <_onConferenceFailed>: CONFERENCE FAILED: conference.authenticationRequired

Are you using the latest version of jitsi-meet?

check jitsi-meet version with this command in server terminal.

dpkg -l | grep jitsi

and upload screenshot image

This is my jitsi-meet version:

new_version

This is recent version.
After you update, please ask help for @damencho.

Hi Damencho, I have updated jitsi-meet to the last version but my problem persist. Authentication works a few times but if I authenticate with the same user after several times, an error message appears showing that the id for the session cannot be obtained. Please, help me.

@ragogue - What shows up in your Jicofo and Prosody logs when this happens? The error says it’s a “internal-server-error”

Jicofo logs:
Jicofo 2021-05-20 17:24:40.935 INFO: [72] org.jitsi.jicofo.xmpp.IqHandler.log() Logout IQ received: <iq to=‘focus.subdomain.domain.com’ from=‘admin@subdomain.domain.com/dSL83Uek’ id='885cd2bf-8237-4028-8f7d-54101d8$
Jicofo 2021-05-20 17:24:40.935 INFO: [72] org.jitsi.jicofo.xmpp.ConferenceIqHandler.log() Focus request for room: faerffeawf@conference.subdomain.domain.com
Jicofo 2021-05-20 17:24:40.935 INFO: [72] org.jitsi.jicofo.auth.AbstractAuthAuthority.log() Authenticated jid: admin@subdomain.domain.com/dSL83Uek with session: AuthSession[ID=admin@subdomain.domain.com, JID=admin@$
Jicofo 2021-05-20 17:24:40.936 INFO: [72] org.jitsi.jicofo.auth.AbstractAuthAuthority.log() Jid admin@subdomain.domain.com/dSL83Uek authenticated as: admin@subdomain.domain.com
Jicofo 2021-05-20 17:24:40.936 INFO: [72] org.jitsi.jicofo.FocusManager.log() Created new focus for faerffeawf@conference.subdomain.domain.com@auth.subdomain.domain.com. Conference count 1,options: disableRtx=false
Jicofo 2021-05-20 17:24:41.223 INFO: [74] org.jitsi.jicofo.xmpp.IqHandler.log() Logout IQ received: <iq to=‘focus.streaming.tucongresovirtual.com’ from=‘5tkpdptphfd1kk99@guest.subdomain.domain.com/tUWXCmtA’ id='5fef5fb2-14a5-$
Jicofo 2021-05-20 17:24:41.224 INFO: [74] org.jitsi.jicofo.xmpp.ConferenceIqHandler.log() Focus request for room: faerffeawf@conference.subdomain.domain.com
Jicofo 2021-05-20 17:24:41.224 INFO: [74] org.jitsi.jicofo.auth.AbstractAuthAuthority.log() Authenticated jid: 5tkpdptphfd1kk99@guest.subdomain.domain.com/tUWXCmtA with session: AuthSession[ID=admin@subdomain.domain$
Jicofo 2021-05-20 17:24:41.224 INFO: [74] org.jitsi.jicofo.auth.AbstractAuthAuthority.log() Jid 5tkpdptphfd1kk99@guest.subdomain.domain.com/tUWXCmtA authenticated as: admin@subdomain.domain.com

Prosody logs are:
May 20 17:24:32 mod_bosh info New BOSH session, assigned it sid ‘fbc31a2f-95a6-4c2d-8adb-1776790658be’
May 20 17:24:39 mod_bosh info New BOSH session, assigned it sid ‘750dcde9-1b06-4130-b9f7-8dadf404659a’
May 20 17:24:40 bosh750dcde9-1b06-4130-b9f7-8dadf404659a info Authenticated as admin@subdomain.domain.com
May 20 17:24:41 bosh750dcde9-1b06-4130-b9f7-8dadf404659a info BOSH client disconnected: session close

Did you register a username “admin”?

Yes, if I enter an user that isn’t registered I obtein a warning message saying: “Username or password are incorrect”

It’s like I log in and the session is closed again. When I press the access button, no error is displayed, but the message appears again, warning that the moderator is not in the room yet. It’s a loop.

What I’m trying to find out is if you registered a user with the username “admin”.

Yes, I have registered a user with the username “admin”· with the command:
prosodyctl register admin subdomain.domain.com password

That won’t work. The system reserves that specific user “admin”. Try registering and using another username.

I have registered a user with another username and the problem persist. It’s a loop where it asks me to log in constantly

Did you restart prosody?
If so, remove the user “admin” you created earlier.
Share your cfg.lua file.

I have restarted prosody, jicofo and jvb and I also have removed the user “admin”. Here is my cfg.lua file.
cfg.lua.txt (5.4 KB)

Your cfg.lua is rife with errors. First, you have this block defined twice:

ssl = {
        key = "/etc/prosody/certs/streaming.domain.com.key";
        certificate = "/etc/prosody/certs/streaming.domain.com.crt";
    }
    speakerstats_component = "speakerstats.streaming.domain.com"
    conference_duration_component = "conferenceduration.streaming.domain.com"
    -- we need bosh
    modules_enabled = {
        "bosh";
        "pubsub";
        "ping"; -- Enable mod_ping
        "speakerstats";
        "turncredentials";
        "conference_duration";
        "muc_lobby_rooms";
    }
    c2s_require_encryption = false
    lobby_muc = "lobby.streaming.domain.com"
    main_muc = "conference.streaming.domain.com"

That wrong definition also leads to incorrect punctuation, so the file is essentially useless. You can try to clean up the file, but it might be easier for you to just purge and reinstall.

Sorry Freddie, but I think that this block is defined for diferent VirtualHosts. Can you help me solving the erros in this file, it is a better solution for me than reinstall all the server. Thank you

I have not edited the conf.lua file, I have only added the following lines at the end:
VirtualHost “guest.streaming.domain.com
authentication = “anonymous”
c2s_require_encryption = false