Configuring or Sharing JVBs with multiple prosody/jicofo

Hi All,

First of all, I would like to thank the entire Jitsi community for building such a great solution and providing support on our queries.

We have a Jitsi Meet setup similar to the one mentioned below.
As you see we have 2 separate standalone setups with its own JVB server.

We would like to make some changes in the setup to have a pool of JVBs that shall be used by multiple prosody/jicofos. Can you please let us know the configurations required in JVB/Prosody/Jicofo to enable the same?

Regards,
Mani

Welcome to the forum.

This should help:

Hi @Freddie

I checked my Jitsi Meet servers for enabling port 5222 in JMS and 9090 in JVB… able to telnet between both. I am also able to switch over to the second JVB instance when i forcefully close the JVB instance which is hosting a conference. But it happens only with one set of JVB servers. We would like to share the JVBs with multiple JMSs.

Currently, my JVB is configured to authenticate/connect to only on JMS.
Below are the JVB configuraions in /etc/jitsi/videobridge/config and sip-comm-properties files
Here we are able to configure/connect to only one XMPP. If I want to share my XMPP to other JMS, is there any changes that I need to make in the below 2 config files?

# Jitsi Videobridge settings

# sets the XMPP domain (default: none)
JVB_HOSTNAME=test-meet3.mydomain.com

# sets the hostname of the XMPP server (default: domain if set, localhost otherwise)
JVB_HOST=test-meet3.mydomain.knowlarity.com

# sets the port of the XMPP server (default: 5275)
JVB_PORT=5347

# sets the shared secret used to authenticate to the XMPP server
JVB_SECRET=xxxxxxxxx

# extra options to pass to the JVB daemon
JVB_OPTS="--apis=xmpp,rest,"

AUTHBIND=yes

# adds java system props that are passed to jvb (default are for home and logging config file)
JAVA_SYS_PROPS="-Dconfig.file=/etc/jitsi/videobridge/jvb.conf -Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION=/etc/jitsi -Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_NAME=videobridge -Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_LOG_DIR_LOCATION=/var/log/jitsi -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/etc/jitsi/videobridge/logging.properties"

Below is the sip-comm-props

org.ice4j.ice.harvest.DISABLE_AWS_HARVESTER=true
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.STUN_MAPPING_HARVESTER_ADDRESSES=meet-jit-si-turnrelay.jitsi.net:443
org.jitsi.videobridge.ENABLE_STATISTICS=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.STATISTICS_TRANSPORT=muc
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.HOSTNAME=preprod-meet3.mydomain.com
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.DOMAIN=auth.preprod-meet3.mydomain.com
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.USERNAME=jvb
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.PASSWORD=xxxxxxxx
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_JIDS=JvbBrewery@internal.auth.test-meet3.mydomain.com
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_NICKNAME=36b3a493-7498-41d7-8c36-2c066c464964
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.DISABLE_CERTIFICATE_VERIFICATION=true

Regards
Mani

Take a look at this:

Thanks @Freddie.

One quick question.
If i make the changes in sip-comm-properties, then can i make the JVB_HOSTNAME, JVB_HOST as empty in the ‘config’ file as it allows me to configure only one XMPP?

In the meantime, I am making the changes as suggested and update if i have any other queries.

Thanks for your support.

Hi @Freddie

I am able to configure a JVB with 2 Prosodys and able to test them and validate by switching over to the shared one between 2 prosodys. Thanks for your help!!!

Posting the sip-communicaption-properties config used in my case

org.ice4j.ice.harvest.DISABLE_AWS_HARVESTER=true
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.STUN_MAPPING_HARVESTER_ADDRESSES=meet-jit-si-turnrelay.jitsi.net:443
org.jitsi.videobridge.ENABLE_STATISTICS=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.STATISTICS_TRANSPORT=muc

# JVB shared with preprod-3 with JVB user and password
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.HOSTNAME=preprod-3.mydomain.com
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.DOMAIN=auth.preprod-3.mydomain.com
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.USERNAME=jvb
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.PASSWORD=4hRwemeu
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_JIDS=JvbBrewery@internal.auth.preprod-3.mydomain.com
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_NICKNAME=36b3a493-7498-41d7-8c36-2c066c464964
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.DISABLE_CERTIFICATE_VERIFICATION=true

# JVB shared with preprod-4 with JVB user and password
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard2.HOSTNAME=preprod-4.mydomain.com
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard2.DOMAIN=auth.preprod-4.mydomain.com
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard2.USERNAME=jvb
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard2.PASSWORD=ocK4vKg8
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard2.MUC_JIDS=JvbBrewery@internal.auth.preprod-4.mydomain.com
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard2.MUC_NICKNAME=36b3a493-7498-41d7-8c36-2c066c464964
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard2.DISABLE_CERTIFICATE_VERIFICATION=true

Regards
Mani