Configuring audio in meet.jit.si

New user, looking at what’s available through the basic web portal for meeting creation - is there a way to define audio encoders/quality directly for conference calls set up this way, or is that something only doable if running a separate host?

You can tweak the audio configuration by adding

#config.disableAP=true&config.disableAEC=true&config.disableNS=true&config.disableAGC=true&config.disableHPF=true&config.stereo=true&config.enableLipSync=false

to the URL.

Is there a full list of the functional variables on GitHub somewhere?

Config settings are usually set in the jitsi-meet config.js on the server thus some of the config options are documented here:

Audio filtering is done inside lib-jitsi-meet.
lib-jitsi-meet gets the configuration passed from the web server + the options passed in the URL.
Most of the audio filtering config options are undocumented,
Undocumented config options are listed and sometimes described in the lib-jitsi-meet sourcecode when and where they are used:

1 Like

Much appreciated; the only thing I’m not finding is a setting to force/allow specific bitrates for audio v. video.

1 Like

I’m new to Jitsi and one of the things I’m interested in is improved audio quality. Can someone clarify:

1. When overriding the server config file settings with the URL #config options, does that apply to everyone in the meeting or just to the user who used that URL?
  2. Is there a way to change these settings when starting/joining from an iPhone/iPad?
    Thanks

@RGEarley

1. Modifying the config in /etc/jitsi/meet/domain.jitsi.com-config makes the changes for everyone joining the server. Passing “commands” via URL like https://domain.jitsi.com/EXAMPLEroom#config.disableAGC=true only changes the client side of things.

2. Not sure on mobile apps, I don’t mess with that yet.

Thank you c10@r0x