CONFERENCE FAILED: conference.connectionError after update everything to latest

Hello there!

This is my first post to this community and I want first to say thank you for all the effort and help to create this community.

We have a Jitsi installation on Digital Ocean Droplet for testing.
We have two servers running Jitsi and the main issue on those two is Safari and how it reacts when a moderator leaves a room and re-open the same channel.
All participants then enter this room with the camera and mic closed and without being able to change that. We have to make restart both Jicofo and Prosody.

On the testing environment now we update everything and try to implement Module mod_close_rooms.lua in order to have the rooms closed and all participants kicked out from this room when the moderates leave.

This seems to work just fine even now after the update. We also add this in order to clear jitsi-authentication data in the file sip-communicator.properties at etc/jitsi/jicofo

org.jitsi.jicofo.auth.DISABLE_AUTOLOGIN=true

This also works but only when we just open a room and nobody else enters. As soon as more than one person enters this room and we close this room we cannot re-open the same room (name) unless we restart Jicofo.

We get Connection Error.

Logger.js:154 2021-09-22T20:00:56.536Z [conference.js] <ae._onConferenceFailed>:  CONFERENCE FAILED: conference.connectionError
Logger.js:154 2021-09-22T20:00:56.540Z [features/base/connection] conference.connectionError

As I said in the beginning I am a new user here so I cannot upload the Jicofo log. Last lines with the error

Jicofo 2021-09-22 16:13:55.022 WARNING: [28] [room= meeting_id=56fa9e0f-e701-4086-9655-736886d575c3] ChatRoomImpl.processPresence#751: Unable to handle packet: <presence to='focus@auth.meeting.multiapp.gr/focus' from='test@conference.meeting.multiapp.gr/focus' id='Zx6KF-346' type='error'><error type='cancel'><item-not-found xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/></error></presence>
Jicofo 2021-09-22 16:13:55.022 WARNING: [28] [room= meeting_id=56fa9e0f-e701-4086-9655-736886d575c3] ChatRoomImpl.processPresence#751: Unable to handle packet: <presence to='focus@auth.meeting.multiapp.gr/focus' from='test@conference.meeting.multiapp.gr/focus' id='Zx6KF-347' type='error'><error type='cancel'><item-not-found xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/></error></presence>
Jicofo 2021-09-22 20:00:55.891 INFO: [238] ConferenceIqHandler.handleConferenceIq#56: Focus request for room: test@conference.meeting.multiapp.gr
Jicofo 2021-09-22 20:00:55.893 INFO: [238] AbstractAuthAuthority.authenticateJidWithSession#431: Authenticated jid: kduiig4srlxiom-g@guest.meeting.multiapp.gr/3c2uULRO with session: AuthSession[ID=tswd@meeting.multiapp.gr, JID=kduiig4srlxiom-g@guest.meeting.multiapp.gr/3c2uULRO, SID=40007712-e767-4235-ba95-263aa6d13809, MUID=0ef5c338bcdbc1d15d2181de3876f2b0, LIFE_TM_SEC=13653, R=test@conference.meeting.multiapp.gr]@1607792203
Jicofo 2021-09-22 20:00:55.894 INFO: [238] AbstractAuthAuthority.notifyUserAuthenticated#339: Jid kduiig4srlxiom-g@guest.meeting.multiapp.gr/3c2uULRO authenticated as: tswd@meeting.multiapp.gr

My question is how I can re-open the same room (if for any reason I closed it), every time to ask me for authentication and credentials and have a working camera and mic on Safari as well.

Is there a way to add also a module and as soon as we kick all users and close the room to destroy this room as well in order to be used again?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Thanasis

By default rooms are destroyed when the last person leaves.

Check prosody logs for errors.

Hello @damencho

Thanks for your fast reply.

This is what I get on prosody.err

Sep 22 16:11:33 portmanager	error	Error binding encrypted port for https: No certificate present in SSL/TLS configuration for https port 5281
Sep 22 16:11:33 portmanager	error	Error binding encrypted port for https: No certificate present in SSL/TLS configuration for https port 5281

Do I have to check somewhere else?

Is this error has to do with our issue?

Nope, this you can ignore.

This is strange … are you running latest from stable?

I follow the installation instruction and now i have this after the update…

ii  coturn                         4.5.1.1-1.1ubuntu0.20.04.2            amd64                  TURN and STUN server for VoIP
ii  jicofo                         1.0-798-1                             all                    JItsi Meet COnference FOcus
ii  jitsi-meet                     2.0.6293-1                            all                    WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-prosody             1.0.5307-1                            all                    Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-turnserver          1.0.5307-1                            all                    Configures coturn to be used with Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-web                 1.0.5307-1                            all                    WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-web-config          1.0.5307-1                            all                    Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-videobridge2             2.1-551-g2ad6eb0b-1                   all                    WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)
ii  libnginx-mod-http-image-filter 1.18.0-0ubuntu1.2                     amd64                  HTTP image filter module for Nginx
ii  libnginx-mod-http-xslt-filter  1.18.0-0ubuntu1.2                     amd64                  XSLT Transformation module for Nginx
ii  libnginx-mod-mail              1.18.0-0ubuntu1.2                     amd64                  Mail module for Nginx
ii  libnginx-mod-stream            1.18.0-0ubuntu1.2                     amd64                  Stream module for Nginx
ii  nginx                          1.18.0-0ubuntu1.2                     all                    small, powerful, scalable web/proxy server
ii  nginx-common                   1.18.0-0ubuntu1.2                     all                    small, powerful, scalable web/proxy server - common files
ii  nginx-core                     1.18.0-0ubuntu1.2                     amd64                  nginx web/proxy server (standard version)
ii  prosody                        0.11.4-1                              amd64                  Lightweight Jabber/XMPP server

Is this helpful enough?

Yep, it is.

Can you describe the problem in more details, please?
It is Safari that has the problem, but when do you see the problem? Can you reproduce it on meet.jit.si, probably not as you say something about authentication is involved?
If you have authentication are guests allowed or all participants are authenticated?

I tried on meet.jit.si but I cannot reproduce it because anybody can open a room.

In our installation, we have users that have been entered, and only they can open a room. After they enter their credentials they can use the room. When one more enters the room, for some reason this room (example /test) is not able to be used again even when both close this room and go back to the home screen.

We found this while we were trying to find a solution for the issue with Safari. In our production installations

ii  coturn                                 4.5.0.7-1ubuntu2.18.04.3                            amd64        TURN and STUN server for VoIP
ii  jibri                                  8.0-93-g51fe7a2-1                                   all          Jibri
ii  jicofo                                 1.0-740-1                                           all          JItsi Meet COnference FOcus
ii  jitsi-meet                             2.0.5765-1                                          all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-prosody                     1.0.4900-1                                          all          Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-turnserver                  1.0.4900-1                                          all          Configures coturn to be used with Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-web                         1.0.4900-1                                          all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-web-config                  1.0.4900-1                                          all          Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-videobridge2                     2.1-478-gc6da57bd-1                                 all          WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)
ii  libnginx-mod-http-geoip                1.14.0-0ubuntu1.9                                   amd64        GeoIP HTTP module for Nginx
ii  libnginx-mod-http-image-filter         1.14.0-0ubuntu1.9                                   amd64        HTTP image filter module for Nginx
ii  libnginx-mod-http-xslt-filter          1.14.0-0ubuntu1.9                                   amd64        XSLT Transformation module for Nginx
ii  libnginx-mod-mail                      1.14.0-0ubuntu1.9                                   amd64        Mail module for Nginx
ii  libnginx-mod-stream                    1.14.0-0ubuntu1.9                                   amd64        Stream module for Nginx
ii  nginx                                  1.14.0-0ubuntu1.9                                   all          small, powerful, scalable web/proxy server
ii  nginx-common                           1.14.0-0ubuntu1.9                                   all          small, powerful, scalable web/proxy server - common file    s
ii  nginx-core                             1.14.0-0ubuntu1.9                                   amd64        nginx web/proxy server (standard version)
ii  prosody                                0.11.8-1~bionic1                                    amd64        Lightweight Jabber/XMPP server

we had a similar issue but on those only on Safari when we open the same room we have all participants with Cameras and Mic closed and they cannot be changed.

We update the testing server and try to add the previous code in order to clear jitsi-authentication data.

If we restart Jicofo then the room can be created again and asks for credentials in the beginning. If not it is impossible to open the same room even after one day?

What about setting this in jicofo.conf jicofo/reference.conf at 1681586b1bac958dbcb496f20e1c5c411e6560e9 · jitsi/jicofo · GitHub
enable-auto-login = false

This should disable the autologin and will always ask for user and password, does that solves your problem?

I don’t understand, is the problem only with Safari, or with all browsers?

Is this line doing the same thing?

I add this line after following your suggestion in another ticket here in the community.
I do not know where to find and edit reference.conf in order to check if it working.

Can you give me the path for this file?

It is happening in any browser. Not only Safari.

reference.conf is the default values inside the code.
the real file is /etc/jitsi/jicofo/jicofo.conf

Thanks for the fast reply!
I saw this file but I have these settings right now.

# Jicofo HOCON configuration. See /usr/share/jicofo/jicofo.jar/reference.conf for
#available options, syntax, and default values.
jicofo {
  xmpp: {
    client: {
      client-proxy: focus.meeting.multiapp.gr
    }
    trusted-domains: [ "recorder.meeting.multiapp.gr" ]
  }
}

Do I have to add here the code for the autologin?

Yep, keeping the structure from the reference file