I want to have a constructive community decision on hidden Users. To start, its been a requested feature on many instances. Examples:
- Hide Filmstrip only to Assistants (Guests)
- Hidden / Invisible participant
- Use isHidden for authenticated user
- JWT Hidden User
- How to connect in hidden mode?
- Using hiddenDomain to hide users
The are various other threads with the same request and issue. The most common response I’ve seen against adding the feature is one around ethics:
Hiding participants in general is a privacy problem and is not recommended.
As a community discussion a few questions that I think is worth while discussion:
- Has anyone successfully accomplished this?
- How many requests for a feature make it a valid feature to add to the roadmap?
- Is the issue really an ethical/privacy concern? (especially given other technologies offer this)
- Who is responsible for acting ethical? And at what point does the developer play “God”?
- Given the current climate of todays technology, is this a valid request that make sense?