Clones after disconnection

Hi,

I have come across a bug while using the jitsi server our university uses. I hope I have found the right place to report it. If this is not the case, my apologies.

I am using jitsi with my project team for our daily meetings. Due to a bad connection or a disconnection of (initially one and now) two of my team members they have ‘clones’ connected to our meeting. These seem to be empty instances of their previous connection: no sound or microphone, no activity whatsoever. Just their names. The problem I foresee is that they are connected permanently. Each meeting in that same room has these two ‘bots’. We could of course switch to a different room, but our previous room will only be closed automatically when the ‘bots’ leave. Which they won’t. My ‘room ownership’ was transferred to them when I left and they ‘stayed’. I don’t know if there is a build-in timeout that will eventually solve this problem, but I thought I’d mention it to you.

To summarize:
The problem is that there are two empty connections always connected to a room. This could easily be ignored by using a different room, but that does not solve the problem.

Sincerely,

Auke

Edit: P.S. I can of course supply screenshots and other information. I have not tried to reproduce it as we have no way to fix it, nor am I exactly sure how to.

1 Like

We had seen reports for behaviour like this when using prosody 0.10. Upgrading prosody to 0.11 fixes the problem (make sure you adjust storage config after the upgrade).

1 Like

Okay! I will see if I can get in touch with our system administrators. You can consider this solved. Thank you!

I’ve seen this problem too, e.g. when vpn connections disconnect.

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

jitsi-meet-prosody       1.0.4074-1
prosody                      0.10.0-1build1

Is there a prosody 0.11 debian package for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS?

Ciao!

Ah, got it: https://prosody.im/download/

@damencho could you explain “make sure you adjust storage config after the upgrade” please?

Check your prosody config and you will see storage setting, for 0.10 is none, for 0.11 needs to be memory.

1 Like

Thanks, got it.

If changing to version 0.11.5 from deb repo from https://prosody.im/download/package_repository I had the fix the following things:

/etc/prosody/conf.avail/meet.yourdomain.tld.cfg.lua 
storage = "memory"

change permissions to localhost cert in /etc/prosody/certs

cd /etc/prosody/certs
chown prosody. localhost.*

Include configs to /etc/prosody/prosody.cfg.lua:

Include "conf.d/*.cfg.lua"