Chrome Webcam Mic

Hello,

I have been struggling with my own install. All works great with the Android App and IOS app and with Firefox. However with chrome I am not getting the access to Webcam and Microphone. I get two messages ‘Error accessing the Webcam’ and for the Microphone. On the Jitsi server that works ok so look like its not a browser issue. On my own server however it just does not allow it to work. Today I saw an update so running the latest Jitsi-meet install. Its on a Ubuntu 16 version with Java 1.8.0_242

Who can point me to the correct solutions its bugging me now for a while hi…

Rgds Paul.

No one out there who can help me out ?
I deinstalled it reinstalled it but with chrome I am not getting the webcam and Microphone to work. On all test links provided in the forum it works great…

Do I mis any settings ?

Java:

java -version
openjdk version “1.8.0_252”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_252-8u252-b09-1~16.04-b09)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.252-b09, mixed mode)

4.4.0-177-generic #207-Ubuntu SMP Mon Mar 16 01:16:10 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Rgds…

This is the most common error we encounter. Go to the URL bar and click on the lock icon next to the URL. It should open a drop down box where you will tell the browser to ALLOW the jitsi site to access the camera and microphone. I don’t know why but sometimes Chrome seems to have a mind of its own when it comes to these settings.

Hello,

Thnxs for the reply indeed I tried that already and there it mentiones now that its allowed. Its also strange that on the Jitsi server it works ok but not on my own instaled Ubuntu 16 machine. There Firefox and the apps are ok but simply not Chrome and also the new Edge (chromium) So hopefully you have some more tips ? As Chrome is the most used I guess it would be great if that would work.

Rgds