Can't use meet.jit.si on firefox without disabling cache

Hi,

using meet.jit.si with chrome/chromium works fine.

My default browser however is firefox and when i go to https://meet.jit.si or directly join a meeting there, the browser’s content stays gray. After opening the developer pane and disabling the cache and reloading the page, jitsi works.

Is there anything i could have misconfigured my browser with or something? I think i don’t have similar problems on other web pages.

Can you please open the JavaScript console and show us what you see there?

yes:

# the following lines are displayed in red as errors:
The character encoding declaration of document was found too late for it to take effect. The encoding declaration needs to be moved to be within the first 1024 bytes of the file. meet.jit.si:11
(TIME) index.html loaded:	 151 meet.jit.si:67:17
2021-11-17T12:36:42.606Z [modules/browser/BrowserCapabilities.js] This appears to be firefox, ver: 94.0 Logger.js:154:22
Uncaught SyntaxError: illegal character U+0080
app.bundle.min.js:138:728907

# all other lines appear in yellow as warnings:
Expected media feature name but found ‘-o-min-device-pixel-ratio’. all.css:1:322
Expected media feature name but found ‘min-device-pixel-ratio’. all.css:1:370
Expected media feature name but found ‘-o-min-device-pixel-ratio’. all.css:1:942
Expected media feature name but found ‘min-device-pixel-ratio’. all.css:1:990
Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-ms-input-placeholder’.  Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. all.css:1:34199
Error in parsing value for ‘cursor’.  Declaration dropped. all.css:1:50029
Error in parsing value for ‘cursor’.  Declaration dropped. all.css:1:52527
Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-ms-fill-lower’.  Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. all.css:1:59994
Error in parsing value for ‘background-repeat’.  Declaration dropped. all.css:1:70886
Unknown property ‘weight’.  Declaration dropped. all.css:1:75821
Unknown property ‘-moz-box-shadow’.  Declaration dropped. all.css:1:86240
Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-ms-input-placeholder’.  Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. all.css:1:87651
Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-ms-track’.  Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. all.css:1:88076
Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-ms-thumb’.  Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. all.css:1:88595
Error in parsing value for ‘cursor’.  Declaration dropped. all.css:1:93765
Error in parsing value for ‘cursor’.  Declaration dropped. all.css:1:94136
Error in parsing value for ‘cursor’.  Declaration dropped. all.css:1:94552
Elements matching selector: .filmstrip__videos .videocontainer > video
NodeList []
Error in parsing value for ‘margin-bottom’.  Declaration dropped. all.css:1:105396
Error in parsing value for ‘margin-bottom’.  Declaration dropped. all.css:1:105604
Error in parsing value for ‘margin-bottom’.  Declaration dropped. all.css:1:122802

I am not able to repro this. Looks like some kind of UTF parsing issue. But everything in the Jitsi pages looks like it has the proper UTF8 types.

Since it works with the cache disabled I might be worth a try to delete your cache like described here How to clear the Firefox cache | Firefox Help

Or you could try with another fresh Firefox profile and see if that makes a difference.