Cannot remove logo anymore

I am not able to remove the watermark from jitsee anymore. It used to work few months ago but suddenly the overrideconfig options do not work for watermark. Does anyone have any clue on how to do this without hosting everything on local server? I even have downloaded external_api.js file from the server.

$(document).ready(function () {
            var domain = "meet.jit.si";
            var options = {
                roomName: "RoomName",
                width: "100%",
                height: 720,
                parentNode: document.querySelector("#meet"),
                configOverwrite: {
                    prejoinPageEnabled: false,
                },
                interfaceConfigOverwrite: {
                    DEFAULT_BACKGROUND: "#3b98ff",
                    noSsl: true,
                    SHOW_JITSI_WATERMARK: false,
                    HIDE_DEEP_LINKING_LOGO: true,
                    SHOW_BRAND_WATERMARK: false,
                    SHOW_WATERMARK_FOR_GUESTS: false,
                    SHOW_POWERED_BY: false,
                    SHOW_WATERMARK_FOR_GUESTS: false,

TOOLBAR_BUTTONS: [
                        'microphone', 'camera', 'closedcaptions', 'desktop', 'fullscreen',
                        'fodeviceselection', 'hangup', 'profile', 'chat', 'recording',
                        'livestreaming', 'etherpad', 'sharedvideo', 'settings', 'raisehand',
                        'videoquality', 'filmstrip', 'feedback', 'stats', 'shortcuts',
                        'tileview'
                    ],
                }
            }
            var api = new JitsiMeetExternalAPI(domain, options);
            api.executeCommand('displayName', 'NameOfUser');
        });

I believe this is as intended. If you are using the free meet.jit.si service, then the Terms of Service dictates that you do not “remove, obscure, modify, or alter any branding, logos, and/or legal notices displayed in or along with the Service”. This includes removing the Jitsi Logo.

That seems fair considering they’re paying for the the network bandwidth and compute resources, and asks nothing from us in return.

If you do wish to use Jitsi with your own branding, you options are:

1. Host your own jitsi instance.
  2. Subscribe to the paid service and let the experts do all the hard work – https://jaas.8x8.vc/

Hey thanks, yes I was reading that now.
I shall plan on doing self hosting. But as far as I have found, there are no links for windows. It is all for Linux OS’s. Could you please provide me a link from where I can get started?

I personally found the Jitsi Meet Handbook (Self-Hosting Guide - Debian/Ubuntu server · Jitsi Meet Handbook) to be a good place to start, then search in this forum if you encounter specific problems.

I’m afraid you might be hard-pressed to find tutorials for hosting Jitsi on a Windows Server. Even if it were possible to run on Windows, you’d have to build and configure the various component yourself which is non trivial.

For us mere mortals, it is best to use the official packages provided for Debian/Ubuntu Linux. Or, you could try using the Docker based setup – GitHub - jitsi/docker-jitsi-meet: Jitsi Meet on Docker

Good luck.

1 Like