Cannot get mute/unmute of audio output to work in Jitsi Iframe API

Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting here. My name is Shravan. I’m building a product that use Jitsi as a live-video infra. I have been able to host my own Jitsi instance, configure JWT and change some of the config options to suit my usecase. It has worked incredibly well all this time. Thank you so much for building such a high quality open source software.

This post is about one thing I have not been able to figure out. It’s the mute/unmute of audio output of the meeting (not microphone of the user). I have tried using the command setParticipantVolume. However, this doesn’t seem to work at all for me.

Currently as a hack, I make the users join the meeting with startSilent: true and when they click on unmute, I rejoin with startSilent: false. This ofcourse is not that efficient.

I’m pretty sure that there could be a better way to do this.

Can someone help, please?

Thanks,
Shravan

Hi Shravan, welcome to our community!

We currently don’t have such feature. Setting the participant volume should work as a workaround. If it doesn’t, that’s a bug we should fix, please open an issue on GH.

Cheers!

Thanks for the response. I created the issue here: Command `setParticipantVolume` doesn't seem to work · Issue #8 · jitsi/jitsi-meet-web-sdk · GitHub.

Is this the right repository?

Not quite, but I transferred it to the right one. Thanks!