Cannot find SHOW_JITSI_WATERMARK option in config.js

I am trying to remove the Jitsi Watermark from meetings running on my server. However, when editing the /etc/jitsi/meet/[your-domain-name]-config.js, I cannot seem to find the option SHOW_JITSI_WATERMARK. Is it somewhere else or did the term change?

That config option is in /usr/share/jitsi-meet/interface_config.js.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Here it says interface-config has been depreciated since April.

AFAIK, it is deprecated in the sense that no new options will go into interface_config.js and configs are gradually being ported to config.js. But as of now, changes you make to existing configs in interface_config.js will still take effect.

That’s my understanding anyway. But as I have not been following progress of this, I may be wrong.

Have you tried it?

1 Like

I just tried it and indeed it works. Thank you so much. I didn’t try it before as I supposed it was depreciated and the option was simply found under a different name in the config file.

@shawn is correct. Deprecated just means it’s in the process of being moved/replaced while the old functionality remains (for a time). Its done this way to encourage migration as opposed to dropping it all-together & breaking everyone.

1 Like