Cannot access download.jitsi.org

We’re setting a self host jitsi server but the repo from download.jitsi.org seem to not working. Pls check it for us if the website is still active or not, thank you very much.

2 Likes

Yep, it seems it is down. Sorry for the inconveniences and thanks for the report. We will work on bringing it back and will let you know.

1 Like

Hi im trying to download jitsi packages but it seems like download url is not up.It gives out connection timeout. Just wanted to know if the problem still persists for everybody or its just my network.
Thanks

Yep, this is known and we are working on fixing it.

Thanks for a quick reply. Can you please give an approximation of how long will it take to fix the issue and is there an alternate way to get these packages.

It is not something that depends on us at the moment, so we cannot give ETA, sorry.
There is no other way at the moment.

It is back online again.

The repo is offline again. I have tried from different ISP without luck.

Does anyone know if any mirrors exist? Also, if I end up making money by customizing various portions of this app for companies, I’d like to give a portion back to this group. How would one contribute financially?

Hi, any news about the site status?

The download.jitsi.org is hosted by Strasbourg university and I got update earlier today for major outage : Nancy & Strasbourg University are down.

Hi @damencho, is there anywhere we can follow the network outage updates? Also, once the repository is back online would it be possible to arrange for some alternate repository mirrors for redundancy? Depending on the repository size & bandwidth needs, I might be able to assist. Cheers.

Sorry, not for the moment. We will consider an alternative in the future.