Can not invite participant -- no bridge available

When creating new room in the browser I get stuck in an endless loop of “Something went wrong”. When playing with the configuration, sometimes it happens when the 2nd user tries to enter the room, but mostly already with the 1st user. I’ve checked that Jicofo can ping JVB, however it logs an error that no bridge is available (see the log).

JVB and Jicofo configuration and logs as well as Jitsi-related part of docker-compose.yml and .env attached.

Did someone experience something similar?

Thank you.
Michal

.env.txt (1.9 KB) docker-compose.yml.txt (2.3 KB)
jicofo.log (15.1 KB) jvb.log (152.1 KB)
jicofo_sip-communicator.properties.txt (207 Bytes)
jvb_sip-communicator.properties.txt (1.1 KB)

Hi @Michal_Polacik,
In prosody logs, can you check whether the JVB is authenticated properly ?

Hi Michal,

The config files look correct to me, and according to the jvb logs it has successfully connected and sending presence updates to the MUC. The jicofo logs don’t see right though. They should include logs from the ConfigurationService (where you can confirm that the BRIDGE_MUC property was loaded correctly). My guess is that for some reason jicofo did not load the correct properties file.

Regards,

Boris

Thanks, guys, in the prosody logs I’ve noticed following errors:

:tls Error creating context for c2s: No certificate present in SSL/TLS configuration for
:tls Error creating contexts for s2sin: No certificate present in SSL/TLS configuration for

so I’d guess something wrong in the prosody configuration.
prosody.log.txt (2.0 KB)

I got rid of the errors by adding following lines to prosody.cfg.lua:

ssl = {
	key = "/config/certs/auth.meet.jitsi.key";
	certificate = "/config/certs/auth.meet.jitsi.crt";
}

Now I’m getting a different error in prosody logs: Failed in all attempts to connect to internal-muc.meet.jitsi
Jicofo conf. service now identifies BRIDGE_MUC however fails with “Failed to create room: jvbbrewery@internal-muc.meet.jitsi”
jicofo.log.withInternalMuc.txt (11.5 KB)

When changing jvbbrewery@internal-muc.meet.jitsi to some other value or back to jvbbrewery@internal-muc.meet.jitsi and restarting docker-compose I’m not able to get the ConfigurationService logs (incl. BRIDGE_MUC) again and Prosody is also without errors.

When I rebuild the containers, I get BRIDGE_MUC identification without an error in jicofo logs. Only JVB logs I see an error:

SEVERE: [24] org.jitsi.xmpp.mucclient.MucClientManager.log() Failed to initialize and start a MucClient: 
org.jivesoftware.smack.sasl.SASLErrorException: SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized
	at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticationFailed(SASLAuthentication.java:291)
	at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.parsePackets(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1096)
	at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.access$300(XMPPTCPConnection.java:994)
	at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader$1.run(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1010)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Do I need to configure some authentication in the JVB’s sip-communicator.properties?

jvb.log.txt (37.7 KB) jicofo.log.withMuc.txt (24.6 KB) jicofo_sip-communicator.properties.txt (155 Bytes) jvb_sip-communicator.properties.txt (899 Bytes)

Hi, you need to add jvb user in prosody using,
prosodyctl register
username and pass is the you have provided in jvb sip-communicator.props

Thanks a lot, @Nilesh_Sargar, this solved my last problem.

Now first participant can open a room, but when 2nd one connects it fails for both of them. The only log message from jvb, prosody and jicofo that I see as potentially relevant to this are 2 warning from the jvb log:

JVB 2019-08-26 11:52:24.118 WARNING: [15] org.jitsi.videobridge.EndpointMessageTransport.log() SCTP connection with 38b86a637337293e not ready yet.
JVB 2019-08-26 11:52:24.118 WARNING: [15] org.jitsi.videobridge.EndpointMessageTransport.log() No available transport channel, can't send a message

I’ve googled for the error message - https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/issues/2780 - but adding the domain under which Jitsi is running to /etc/hosts did not help at all.

Kind regards,
Michal

Hi Michal,

I am also stuck at same point, check JICOFO is not able to find MUC JOINED JVBs.
Waiting for @Boris_Grozev’s or @damencho’s reply. I also searching in forum answers.
I will update if I find anything on this.

Regards,
Nilesh