Can I use Jitsimeet with Openfire running on a different server?

I have an openfire server, I run Jitsimeet on a different server, and I want Jitsimeet to use my openfire server, not prosody. How do I tell Jitsimeet to use my Openfire server?

There is an openfire plugin of jitsimeet available if you’d like to run it all within openfire.

however, you want to create the focus user account on openfire, then update the jicofo config and videobrididge confg to point to your openfire server. You may need to create a jvb user too, and update the video bridge sip-communicator.properties files as well. It’s been about a year since I did this in a lab, but its not too difficult to do.

Thanks. I did all that, I get this exception:
Jicofo 2020-04-08 13:44:05.814 SEVERE: [36] org.jitsi.meet.ComponentMain.log() host-unknown, host:openfire.hetnet.org, port:5275
org.xmpp.component.ComponentException: host-unknown
at org.jivesoftware.whack.ExternalComponent.connect(ExternalComponent.java:243)
at org.jivesoftware.whack.ExternalComponentManager.addComponent(ExternalComponentManager.java:242)
at org.jivesoftware.whack.ExternalComponentManager.addComponent(ExternalComponentManager.java:222)
at org.jitsi.meet.ComponentMain.lambda$getConnectCallable$0(ComponentMain.java:285)
at org.jitsi.retry.RetryStrategy$TaskRunner.run(RetryStrategy.java:193)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

in jicofo.log. Openfire.hetnet.org is my openfire server. I may have filled out a config file with the wrong hostname?

this is in my videobridge/config file

Jitsi Videobridge settings

sets the XMPP domain (default: none)

JVB_HOSTNAME=openfire.hetnet.org

sets the hostname of the XMPP server (default: domain if set, localhost otherwise)

JVB_HOST=jitsi.hetnet.org

sets the port of the XMPP server (default: 5275)

JVB_PORT=5275

sets the shared secret used to authenticate to the XMPP server

JVB_SECRET=xxxxxx

extra options to pass to the JVB daemon

JVB_OPTS="–apis=,"

adds java system props that are passed to jvb (default are for home and logging config file)

JAVA_SYS_PROPS="-Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION=/etc/jitsi -Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_NAME=videobridge -Dnet.java.sip.communicator.SC_LOG_DIR_LOCATION=/var/log/jitsi -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/et$

jitsi.hetnet.org is where jitsi runs.