Camera freezing after implementing the simulcast and depending on the bandwidth of user i, it is facing the freezing issue

When the user is sharing the camera with simulcast enabled, it is facing the freezing issue in between or when user shared the camera for other remote streams and this issue is dependent on the network of the user,
Let’s say 1 user is having the high bandwidth will face very less freezing sometimes or no freezing , but the user with medium bandwidth will face the freezing more frequently which is not acceptable, but this is implementing after simulcast.

I can see that the remote streams are freezing as they are becoming inactive for sometime when a user has shared the camera and freezing is happening.

Conferencing quality is heavily dependent on the network quality. If a person with poor internet connection joins a meeting, they will experience problems. Simulcast helps to increase the probability of people with different bandwidths to be able to participate in a meeting, but if a user’s connection is just too low, even simulcast won’t help much.

It is not that too low, it is 20 Mbps and with 100Mbps user is also facing everytime but once or twice. But 20 Mbps user is facing much freezing and 20Mbps is not that too low to face this issue, Everytime freezing is coming for around 1.5 sec for remote streams.

Is that 20Mbps upload OR download?

It was 20Mbps download and 16Mbps upload.
In the starting somehow 100Mbps users also freeze the remote streams.
But this is not happening with the jitsi-meet client, if I test on that.

So you’re experiencing this on your browser but not in the app?

This is experienced on my app and browser as well with jitsi as server.

I’m confused. You said you’re not experiencing this on “the jitsi-meet client”. Do you mean the Jitsi desktop app?

I can see that the remote streams are freezing as they are becoming inactive for sometime when new simulcast layers are added , say when a user has shared the camera and freezing is happening.

I mean my custom client with jitsi as server , not the jitsi-meet-client.

So the problem is on your own client then, not the official Jitsi app? If so, it would suggest that there’s something wrong in your implementation on your app, particularly if you don’t experience the same problem when using the Jitsi desktop client.