Calls are failing, when Adguard is installed and active (on OSX/Chrome)

I’m not sure where to put this but wanted to leave it here, so that if someone has the same issue, knows what the cause is.

I’ve installed jitsi based on the quick start guide and wasn’t able to start video or audio. It took me a while to figure out, that Adguard is preventing it to work properly.

The errors from the console (with Adguard turned on):

DOMException: Failed to register a ServiceWorker for scope ('https://video.foo.de/') with script ('https://video.foo.de/pwa-worker.js'): The script has an unsupported MIME type ('text/html').
react_devtools_backend.js:2450 2020-10-27T16:26:47.427Z [JitsiMeetJS.js] <Object.getGlobalOnErrorHandler>:  UnhandledError: null Script: null Line: null Column: null StackTrace:  TypeError: d.a.getStreamID is not a function
    at y.getId (JitsiTrack.js:398)
    at y.changeVideo (LocalVideo.js:119)
    at Object.changeLocalVideo (VideoLayout.js:135)
    at Object._.addLocalVideoStream (UI.js:219)
    at conference.js:1349
overrideMethod @ react_devtools_backend.js:2450
o @ Logger.js:154
getGlobalOnErrorHandler @ JitsiMeetJS.js:613
window.onunhandledrejection @ middleware.js:118
JitsiTrack.js:398 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: d.a.getStreamID is not a function
    at y.getId (JitsiTrack.js:398)
    at y.changeVideo (LocalVideo.js:119)
    at Object.changeLocalVideo (VideoLayout.js:135)
    at Object._.addLocalVideoStream (UI.js:219)
    at conference.js:1349

Once Adguard is turned off, it works perfect and the error messages do not appear.

What I haven’t tested yet, is what “filter” or “ruleset” causes jitsi to not work properly.

I use AdGuard in 2 networks with 2 deployed jitsi instances. Additionally I have AdGuard running at home but with no deployment did I ever have any problems related to AdGuard.
All AdGuard installations use the default lists.

This does of course not exclude the possibility of errors but you’ll have to narrow it down a lot more. AdGuard obviously doesn’t cause problems in general.

I know this seems to happen not very often, because otherwise someone would have posted this particular error message :wink:
So, I went through the settings and the one that seems to trigger this JS error is to “disable java”. I use the German version, so I’ll try to translate as good as I can, where the setting is located at: advanced tracking protection section → under the Browser-API tab → disable java.

I can not recall whether I turned this on or if it was set by default.

@kevinkk525 could you please check if java is enabled or not on one of your PC’s and then test if you get video on that client? Maybe there is something else “misconfigured” on my side. Just to double check.

Oh you are using AdGuard on windows?
I was talking about AdGuard Home DNS server in my LAN. Sorry about the confusion. They have so many products and I didn’t think about anything else.

But if that option disables javascript, then obviously jitsi clients will fail.

I mean Java, not Javascript :wink:
If JS had been blocked, I wouldn’t see any JS error message.
And yes, I was talking about the adblocker from Adguard - sorry I missed to mention that.

Oh well if those options really are for java only and not javascript, then I have no clue, sorry.