Building a scalable deployment of Jitsi. Help integrating video streams to a custom UI

My company runs an educational website that we would like to integrate videoconferencing capabilities into, with Jitsi.

We are concerned about scaling Jitsi. Jitsi’s official documentation for deploying a scalable configuration is limited. We don’t know how many participants can be hosted on a standalone Jitsi server in practice. We don’t know how to monitor the service for performance problems. We don’t know how to simulate load on the service. Etc. In short:

1. We would like assistance in setting up a scalable auto-scaling configuration of Jitsi that just works.

Additionally, we want to present our own custom meeting controls that hover over regular pages in our site, rather than using the default Jitsi Meet UI. The iframe API almost gives us everything we need but we also want to do a few advanced integrations with video streams:

1. We want to show local video (from the user’s camera) and remote video (from the cameras of remote meeting participants) in regular pages in our website, often as floating boxes. However the public iframe API doesn’t provide a way to access video streams from inside the iframe. We would like development advice or assistance to overcome the barriers to access video streams.

Does it sound like you could help us? If so, I would like to connect with you as soon as possible. We would prefer to work with someone in the United States or Canada if possible, to minimize timezone differences.

I am in the US/Pacific timezone (UTC-7) and normally work between 8 AM - 5 PM local time, but I am willing to get online at unusual times for at least our initial connection.

1. What timezone are you in? Are you generally available for live phone calls, video calls, or text chats? At any particular hours?

I can be reached via email at david.foster AT techsmart.codes and via private message on this forum. I would be happy to provide my phone number privately to speed up our initial connection.

1 Like

Hey,
We provide commercial support and services for Jitsi. We can customize and scale jitsi according to your needs. For more information please send us an email at hello@meetrix.io and we will get back to you.

Hi David,
Having worked on some complex Jisti customizations in the past and would be happy to help you out on this, as what you are wanting done is well within my skill set.
You can reach me on andrew.johnson56782@gmail.com
Cheers and Have a great day,
Andrew

We’re no longer seeking additional applicants.

Best,
David