Build Environment to develop base on Jitsi-meet source code

We are using flutter for customisation where to change in jitsi-meet and where to move in jitsi linux server lets say we are moving to “/usr/share/jitsi-meet/libs” for web like that for flutter?

try in mac or linux

Sorry, we don’t support Windows for development. You can use WSL, I’ve heard people succeed with it, though I haven’t tried it myself.

To checkout the jitsi-meet source-code use git:
git clone https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet

then read the development guide: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/doc/development.md

I have successfully built the project on windows. Only change I had to make is change the scripts under scripts folder. As the scripts are written in .sh and windows does not support shell commands. Just write the scripts in .bat files and you are good to go for windows.

The link is giving 404

How can the files be changed to .bat?

Hi @Pranav_Kurbet, Could you please help me by sharing the .bat file. Thanks

npm WARN deprecated @atlaskit/analytics-next-types@3.2.0: Typescript type definition files are now hosted directly from @atlaskit/analytics-next
npm WARN deprecated core-js@2.6.11: core-js@<3 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js@3.
npm WARN deprecated popper.js@1.16.1: You can find the new Popper v2 at @popperjs/core, this package is dedicated to the legacy v1
npm WARN deprecated core-js@1.2.7: core-js@<3 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js@3.
npm ERR! Linux 4.15.0-22-generic
npm ERR! argv “/usr/bin/node” “/usr/bin/npm” “install”
npm ERR! node v8.10.0
npm ERR! npm v3.5.2
npm ERR! code EMISSINGARG

npm ERR! typeerror Error: Missing required argument #1
npm ERR! typeerror at andLogAndFinish (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:31:3)
npm ERR! typeerror at fetchPackageMetadata (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:51:22)
npm ERR! typeerror at resolveWithNewModule (/usr/share/npm/lib/install/deps.js:456:12)
npm ERR! typeerror at /usr/share/npm/lib/install/deps.js:457:7
npm ERR! typeerror at /usr/share/npm/node_modules/iferr/index.js:13:50
npm ERR! typeerror at /usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:37:12
npm ERR! typeerror at addRequestedAndFinish (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:82:5)
npm ERR! typeerror at returnAndAddMetadata (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:117:7)
npm ERR! typeerror at pickVersionFromRegistryDocument (/usr/share/npm/lib/fetch-package-metadata.js:134:20)
npm ERR! typeerror at /usr/share/npm/node_modules/iferr/index.js:13:50
npm ERR! typeerror This is an error with npm itself. Please report this error at:
npm ERR! typeerror http://github.com/npm/npm/issues

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! /root/Documents/jitsi/jitsi-meet/npm-debug.log

I keep getting the above error on ubuntu while running npm install

Please help

Try upgrading node to latest LTS version

This link is giving 404

Please could you elaborate? What did you do exactly to get to the point where you can make and where it runs locally. What .sh scripts? etc. Thanks!

Please check: https://jitsi.github.io/handbook/docs/dev-guide/dev-guide-web

any news regarding building the app in Windows?
What are the main reason it doesn’t work on Windows? is that because the path level?

No news, and I’ll be honest, don’t hold your breadth. The reason to not support Windows is that we don’t use it ourselves, so we can’t really maintain a platform we don’t use.

Some colleagues who have Windows machines have setup their environments successfully with WSL so check it out.

Yeh… I guess Window is not supported due to the path level under node_modules (too large for Windows)

@Aviad_Avisar As @saghul said, enable WSL on your system, then install ubuntu 18.04 distribution on WSL.
Start ubuntu and then clone the Jitsi Meet repo somewhere inside linux.
Then go inside Jitsi folder and type ‘make’ or ‘make dev’.
Everything should work now.
You can also have your IDE installed on Windows and edit project that is inside WSL.
I am using VS Code and when I’m inside Jitsi Meet folder on WSL, I just type ‘code .’ and VSCode opens.

Hi there, I was trying to clone the Jitsi Meet repo on WSL, but I had no idea where Jitsi cloned folder is. Can you show me how to find it please? I’m so new with the Linux system.

Please try to follow along with these instructions: