Bugs in nightly wersion

Hello, Test version 2.11.5616-1 Jitsi Desktop does not support the tray icon and thunderbird address book. The program version is not displayed in the Program information (Help menu).

emil

Linux Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
Gnome 3.28.2

The version in about will be fixed in next build https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi/commit/b4bcc4b511fe59155e9e54a500d62956eacccc81.
The rest problems are, I suppose, bigger tasks and any help is welcome.

In version 2.11.5611-1 contacts with Thunderbird and the tray icon worked

I see, can you attach logs from 2.11.5616-1? I don’t have access to linux desktop machine.

Thanks for the reports.

Yes, but I don’t know where to find them and what their name is.

http://desktop.jitsi.org/faq/logs

Confirming Jitsi version in about window is fixed in 2.11.5617.
But there are some more bugs on Debian Buster.

New XMPP accounts not possible.

util.UtilActivator.uncaughtException().122 An uncaught exception occurred in thread=Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main] and message was: org/jxmpp/jid/Jid java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jxmpp/jid/Jid

Sometimes all XMPP contacts are lost.

Attaching logs will help identifying and fixing those quicker.

I sent the journals directly to you

That will work, thank you.

Hey @emil I just pushed changes on all I saw from your logs … not sure why systray will not work though, can you give a try 5618 when it is out (probably in 30 minutes) .

I sent you on Jitsi Desktop 2.11.5618 priv logs, unfortunately the tray icon is missing, data search in Thunderbird starts, but it does not search properly. The version no. Works fine in about. Emil

Do you see any errors in the logs?

I saw your logs and I don’t see anything suspicious … can you try running with java8, do you have the same problems?

I do not know logs, and today I can not start running java 8.

How to make jitsi run on java 8 and not on java 11. I have both versions installed.

Where can I find the instructions for starting Jitsi Desktop on a different version (8) of Java than the default (11). Do you need to uninstall version 11?

On linux you just need to change the default java that is used. Check update-java-alternatives

On java 8 jitsi 2.11.5618 sometimes crashes at startup. When it starts it also has no tray icon and the search in the address book Thunderbird starts but does not work properly. When entering 1 or 2 letters, it searches with errors, and after entering 3 letters it does not search at all.

Is what I wrote understandable - because you do not answer.