Okay, I’ve been able to replicate it on my own android device.
Jitsi app from Android Play, 20.1.0 build 3883698
About my jitsi server: I’ve forced new rooms to require a moderator (Easiest way to secure jitsi meet). So a user cannot enter a room until someone with a login joins first.
On the android:
- Start jitsi app.
- Open jitsi settings.
- Under the conference block, set the server url. I used “https://mydomain/BadString”. (mydomain is replaced with my actual hostname.) NOTE: This is an error because I added a conference name (BadString), this is a bad server url.
- I then tried to join the conference from my displayed list of past conferences. (“FuzzyAvocados”).
The result? First, it wants to join FuzzyAvocados, but it gets the popup about how the conference has not yet started. As long as that popup is on the screen, you cannot get back to the settings.
If I click Cancel or hit the back button, then it immediately tries to connect to the conference “BadString”. This causes that popup to appear again and I can never get back to the settings.
I found a workaround without reinstalling:
- While the popup is on the screen, press the android “|||” button to bring up the running apps. This will shrink the Jitisi app to a dark square with a circling icon (waiting to connect).
- Kill the running app. The app is dead, but the jitsi square with the loading icon is still there.
- Tap the jitsi square to see the widgets and click on “X” to kill it.
- Tab the android “|||” icon and kill the running Jitisi app again.
Now it is actually dead.
- Restart the jitsi app. It will show you the list of previous conferences and you can go to the settings and correct the url.