[BUG] org.jitsi.videobridge.ENABLE_STATISTICS=false (default) breaks conferencing

Posted a new issue at GitHub - jitsi/jitsi-videobridge: Jitsi Videobridge is a WebRTC compatible video router or SFU that lets build highly scalable video conferencing infrastructure (i.e., up to hundreds of conferences per server). which was immediately closed and i was asked to “Please use the community forum when you have questions or problems before creating new issues”; well, here i am.

BUG Description

Conferencing breaks when statistics are disabled (!?)

Current behavior

Conferencing rooms disconnects both parties as soon as the second one joins

Expected Behavior

Everything working as usual

Possible Solution

Explicitly enable statistics (i believe the Debian installer does by default)

Steps to reproduce

set org.jitsi.videobridge.ENABLE_STATISTICS=false in /etc/jitsi/videobridge/sip-communicator.properties

Environment details

root@jitsi:~# dpkg -l | grep jitsi
ii  jitsi-meet                      2.0.5390-3                   all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-prosody              1.0.4628-1                   all          Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-turnserver           1.0.4628-1                   all          Configures coturn to be used with Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-web                  1.0.4628-1                   all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-web-config           1.0.4628-1                   all          Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-videobridge2              2.1-416-g2f43d1b4-1          all          WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)
root@jitsi:~# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Debian
Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Release:	10
Codename:	buster
root@jitsi:~#

Can you show the jvb logs after restarting jvb?

No need of logs, I reproduced it.
But I see ENABLE_STATISTICS=true is the default value when installing.

When I disable stats and restart jvb jicofo does not detect the bridge, I see only Removed brewery instance. Asking for help @Boris_Grozev is this intentional or is that a bug? Or we can state somewhere that using jvb with jicofo stats are mandatory?

@willymilkytron why do you need to disable stats?

Indeed it ended up with a fix in the bridge: feat: Remove the config flag to enable/disable stats, always enabled. by bgrozev · Pull Request #1616 · jitsi/jitsi-videobridge · GitHub