Bug? Meeting Name Mismatch - Strings not being concatenated

There appears to be a problem with the latest versions (unstable and on meet.jit). On web browsers, entering a meeting name will concatenate the strings as usual (disposing of spaces and creating one joint string), but in the Electron app, this concatenation does not happen. So, if you choose a meeting name with spaces, you will end up in different rooms using the browser and Electron app.

For instance, entering a meeting name A B C D TEST:

In the browser, the strings are concatenated as expected to create a meeting ID of “abcdtest”

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 1.05.04 AM

You can additionally confirm this by checking the invite link generated:

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 1.02.31 AM

In the Electron app however, there is no concatenation and the spaces are preserved, hence creating a meeting ID “A B C D TEST”:

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 1.03.53 AM

This can again be confirmed by checking the invite link generated:

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 1.04.06 AM

I’ve just noticed this issue with the latest versions.

1 Like

Bumping this so it’s not lost in the pile.

Yep, this needs to be addressed in the electron app @saghul :slight_smile:

Did something change in the way meeting names are parsed in the latest versions of Jitsi Meet? Wondering because the same electron app worked perfectly fine with previous versions.

I’m not aware of such a change …

Ok… noticed that a script I use to autolaunch the app when meeting link is clicked now doesn’t take you to the room, it just launches the app. This is also a new observation (started with the latest unstable in my dev environment). And weirdly enough this only happens in Windows, Mac still works fine.