Breakout Room and Sip

I enabled BR and and I have sip clients connected. I create a room, try to add a sip participant to it and nothing happens. There are no errors in the console.

Another bug.
I have one participant in meeting. I set meeting password then create BR and move owner to it. If i try to leave the room to the main one, nothing happens. Moreover, if there are several participants, then everything works.

And next
If a grant moderator rights to the user, then after returning from the room tp main room, the rights are lost.

Are these Jigasi participants? They don’t know how to handle breakout room commands yet, unfortunately.

Not sure I follow. Can you please details the operations in a sequence? Have you tried the latest stable?

This is expected, they are different rooms.

1. Yes, I thought so too - since the sip-participant does not have the opportunity to return back. But at the same time, there is an item in the menu and this is a little embarrassing. Will this be removed in new versions of the web client?

2. Yes - its my bug - we have prosody plugin for sync room status. And an error occurs when the last participant exits.

prosody logs

Nov 17 02:26:45 prosody[1019]: server_epoll errorError in timer: /usr/share/lua/5.1/prosody/util/async.lua:9: Not running in an async context, see util.async – Prosody IM
Nov 17 02:26:45 prosody[1019]: stack traceback:
Nov 17 02:26:45 prosody[1019]: [C]: in function ‘error’
Nov 17 02:26:45 prosody[1019]: /usr/share/lua/5.1/prosody/util/async.lua:9: in function ‘checkthread’
Nov 17 02:26:45 prosody[1019]: /usr/share/lua/5.1/prosody/util/async.lua:77: in function ‘waiter’
Nov 17 02:26:45 prosody[1019]: /prosody-plugins/util.lib.lua:281: in function ‘http_get_with_retry’
Nov 17 02:26:45 prosody[1019]: /prosody-plugins-custom/mod_lifecycle_alert.lua:128: in function ‘sendRoomStatus’
Nov 17 02:26:45 prosody[1019]: /prosody-plugins-custom/mod_lifecycle_alert.lua:226: in function ‘?’

Nov 17 02:26:4 prosody[1019]: /usr/share/lua/5.1/prosody/util/events.lua:81: in function </usr/share/lua/5.1/prosody/util/events.lua:77>
Nov 17 02:26:45 prosody[1019]: (tail call): ?
Nov 17 02:26:45 prosody[1019]: /usr/lib/prosody/modules/muc/muc.lib.lua:1023: in function ‘destroy’
Nov 17 02:26:45 prosody[1019]: /prosody-plugins/mod_muc_breakout_rooms.lua:408: in function </prosody-plugins/mod_muc_breakout_rooms.lua:401>
my plugin mod_lifecycle_alert.lua

local function sendRoomStatus(event, eventType)
//line 128
local content = http_get_with_retry(url, nr_retries);

module:hook(“muc-room-destroyed”, function(event)
// line 226
sendRoomStatus(event, ROOM_EVENT.DESTROY);
end, -2);

I think it’s all about the “muc-room-destroyed”" event and it can’t be called because the room might not exist at that moment. Which event is better to use?

1. And why not remember users and their rights in the BR-plugin and then restore them when they return to the main room?

Also @saghul can you please take a look Jitsi Meet Spot I’ve spent a lot of time but still can’t get the service to work correctly. When i enter the PIN the conference is not loaded.

We could filter them indeed, but only on the main room I’m afraid, since we lose the metadata when the moderator is in a different room.

I don’t know. What are you trying to do exactly?

I think that might be doable, but certainly a low priority item. Feel free to open an issue, best if it’s a PR :slight_smile: