Blank page using webpack on localhost and my own proxy server

I’m running jitsi-meet from the webpack dev server on localhost.
This works fine using the default alpha.jitsi.net backend.

My aim is to (eventually) modify it and Jibri to stream to a wowza server instead of YouTube, so I’m trying to connect it to my own Jitsi backend. I set WEBPACK_DEV_SERVER_PROXY_TARGET to my server address, then added the CORS headers and changed default to “web” in modules-enabled/60-jitsi-meet.conf to fix the connection reset problem.

Now though, all I get is a blank page when run make dev. I saw the earlier issue Blank page after updating libs in the server, and it seems that was fixed by just updating all the packages on the server, but that’s not helping in my case.

On my localhost, I’m running the latest jitsi-meet from the repo, along with the latest lib-jitsi-meet using npm link. On the server, I’ve updated everything with apt using the latest deb packages from download.jitsi.org unstable. The local version of jitsi-meet connected to the default alpha backend works fine, and jitsi-meet hosted on the server works as well.

The browser console is not showing me any errors (aside from a ton of “Circular dependency detected” warnings for react/* … but I think I can worry about those later; I get them when connecting to the alpha backend as well)

Not seeing any messages in nginx or prosody error logs either. I don’t know what else to look for.

Thanks!