Blank (index) screen after upgrading to 2.0.5870 / 1.0.4985-1

Having checked all the config files that I can think of, and comparing them with the previous version, I cannot for the life of me figure out why I’m getting a blank “index” screen.

Viewing the source of it shows me just about what I’m expecting. I don’t really see any fatal errors in log files. This is running Ubuntu 20.04 and doing the installation/upgrade with APT.

jicofo is at 1.0-747-1

dpkg -l “jitsi*” shows this:

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                  Version             Architecture Description
+++-=====================-===================-============-=================================================
ii  jitsi-meet            2.0.5870-1          all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-prosody    1.0.4985-1          all          Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
un  jitsi-meet-tokens     <none>              <none>       (no description available)
ii  jitsi-meet-turnserver 1.0.4985-1          all          Configures coturn to be used with Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-web        1.0.4985-1          all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-web-config 1.0.4985-1          all          Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
un  jitsi-videobridge     <none>              <none>       (no description available)
ii  jitsi-videobridge2    2.1-492-g5edaf7dd-1 all          WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)

Review your config files again - this is usually cause by a missing (or added) punctuation mark (oftentimes a comma).

2 Likes

Yes, and so I’m doing. Even using ‘diff’ to check for differences, but I’m coming up with nothing :frowning: I’ve obviously done something, but I can’t figure out what. And I can’t see any errors in log files either.

It loads “index”, but doesn’t start room name rendering, etc. I wish I knew where it gets stuck.

Thanks though.

Post your config.js file here and someone may spot an error.

1 Like

Well, lo and behold … @Freddie was on to something. So I did find a missing comma. How sloppy of me, and what a silly error. Apologies.

Oh Yeah… @Freddie is alright! Glad you got it working. It’s a pretty common mistake and happens to everyone at one point.

True dat. But I code for a living since a zillion years (or more), and I really shouldn’t make mistakes like that. I think I need more coffee :see_no_evil:

Which config file was it?
please share it here.

It is already mentioned in the config files post you have written…config.js