Black screen when client is using mobile network

Hi all,

We are running our own installation of jitsi on an Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS following the self hosting guide Self-Hosting Guide - Debian/Ubuntu server · Jitsi Meet Handbook

Our use case : call one to one from mobile app to mobile app (Currently testing on android)

We are facing a black screen (sometimes initials), no sound issue when one of the user is on mobile network (or both)

This issue doe not happen when both our users are using wifi.

We have tried using the Jitsi Meet app on mobile data :
The issue does not happen using the default server
The issue happens using our server

This makes me think that one of our setting has not been properly made on our server ?

I have tried port changes in /etc/jitsi/videobridge sip-communicator and config files
Thank you for letting me know if you have an idea

I got this error in our /var/log/jitsi/jvb.log but it does not seems to be related :

JVB 2021-05-12 20:36:28.965 SEVERE: [24] HealthChecker.run#175: Health check failed in PT0.000094S:
java.lang.Exception: Failed to bind single-port
at org.jitsi.videobridge.health.JvbHealthChecker.check(JvbHealthChecker.kt:43)
at org.jitsi.videobridge.health.JvbHealthChecker.access$check(JvbHealthChecker.kt:25)
at org.jitsi.videobridge.health.JvbHealthChecker$healthChecker$1.invoke(JvbHealthChecker.kt:32)
at org.jitsi.videobridge.health.JvbHealthChecker$healthChecker$1.invoke(JvbHealthChecker.kt:25)
at org.jitsi.health.HealthChecker.run(HealthChecker.kt:145)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor.run(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:216)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor.runInThread(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:292)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor.access$000(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:36)
at org.jitsi.utils.concurrent.RecurringRunnableExecutor$1.run(RecurringRunnableExecutor.java:328)

Something is using udp port 10000 that is required for jvb.

Hi Damencho,

The issue has been partially resolved for most of the test cases by changing ports

Thank you for your help

Hi,

I bring back this topic with the following issue :

I changed the UDP port to 8801 trying to go as close as possible from other video communication software.

I do not have anymore error in /var/log/jitsi/jvb.log .

I still have some issues where some users are not displaying the video. Switching the ports to other values has several effects, but most of the time, either the video is not displaying using wifi, either the video is not displaying using mobile data.

Do you have any suggestions of what could be a source of issues ?

I noticed that meet.jit.si does not have the same issues as me, would you be able to let me know which port they are using ?

Thank you for your help

Default 10000 udp.

Check your firewalls and NAT port forwarding for the new port.

Hi Damencho,

Thank you for your help.

I have checked and NAT port forwarding and could not find any issue or missing configuration.

We are still facing different results from our server to meet.jit.si server . Could you let us know if the official meet.jit.si is enabling the p2p mode ? As it seems to be blocked by some of the internet providers

Thank you

You can always check the config they are running using this: https://meet.jit.si/config.js and looks like p2p is enabled.

Hi Corby,

That’s great, thank you for the information.