Hello, I was running a lot of small conferences last week over Jitsi but had a lot of trouble. I do think they are related to our hoster, but I can’t be sure about that.
Small means, 12 conference rooms, 1 on 1 sessions. Server load was very small.
My setup was:
- a docker compose stack, doing nginx proxy, letsencrypt and fail2ban.
- The docker-jitsi-meet stack running the last as stable tagged release
I also connected a xmpp client to prosody as recorder.meet.jitsi, to gather questions from multiple MUCs and forward them to a moderator. In config.js I set hiddenDomain to recorder.meet.jitsi.
After a few days of issues I dropped the first stack.
My main questions are:
- Could the xmpp client cause any trouble?
- Could there be a performance issue with the nginx proxy?
- would you consider a native install as more stable compared to docker?
I’m trying to run jitsi-meet-torture’s malleus.sh, to compare the old server to a new setup running on another hoster, but I run into performance issues on the chrome nodes. Are there any tricks to load test the server? Running chrome headless?
Next week more conferences will start. Thank’s for your help and also a big thank you to the devs.