Best performance monitoring tool

Hello everyone,

I am wondering what the best tool(s) for monitoring performance is for Jitsi. I know there may not be a single ‘best’ but would love to hear what people have used.

I heard about Jitsi Hammer, but noticed it hasn’t been updated in 2-some years. Based on this article it looks like Jitsi Hammer was used - https://jitsi.org/jitsi-videobridge-performance-evaluation/ and looks pretty sweet though I could be totally wrong.

Anyways, I am looking to monitor bandwidth, CPU, memory etc. I have been having various issues with performance, big time on resolution, bitrate etc and I want to see if I can pinpoint anything. I have a feeling it may be bandwidth related but I want to actually see it.

Any suggestions on how to go about this or how you have gone about this would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Nate

Jitsi-hammer is not a monitoring tool. It is a stress tool to load a deployment to make some measurements.
Monitoring bandwidth, cpu, memory can be done many ways when using linux and depends on the preferences of the tools you want to use.
For call quality and issues debugging we are using callstats.io, which uses webrtc client stats pushed to a backend for later examine.