Bandwidth cost modeling

Do anyone have any Excel spreadsheet model to model bandwidth costs to run a Jitsi SFU?

For example, I’d like to understand how much it costs on bandwidth on AWS ($0.09/GB) to do a 5-person Jitsi call for 1 hour.

Any help much appreciated!

Formula X# of CPU/RAM for # of connections
Unstable video/audio, depending of the environments

Hey, this really depends on a lot of factors. Here is a very rough estimate:

5 x Chrome with simulcast in 720p:
in: 5*4=20 Mbit/s
out: 5+4*0.2=5.8 Mbit/s (one person on large and 4 thumbnails)
approximately 26Mbit/s so for an hour ~12GB * 0.09 = $1

5 x Firefox (no simulcast), this changes only what goes out of the server it will be same as input so 40 Mbit/s, and for an hour ~18GB * 0.09 = $1.6

And these are very rough (if correct) and in best conditions. If you change the UI to Brady bunch everything changes when using simulcast (to lower values).
Here are the values for the bandwidth used by different layers
https://chromium.googlesource.com/external/webrtc/+/master/media/engine/simulcast.cc#61

Jitsi meet server specification

thank you damencho
what did you mean by $?
can we know for instance if i’m having a multipart conference of 15 people? any specific CPU requirements?
take care

These are US dollars, these are AWS prices.
No specific CPU requirements that I can come up, the idea here is that bandwidth is the most important part, for 15 people you will need as a max to have in of 60Mbit/s and out around 80 Mbit/s this is with simulcast, if let’s say no simulcast on all participants, then you need out of around 120 Mbit/s. These values are for optimal conditions where all participants can send 720p up to 4 Mbits.