Bad call Quality and low bandwidth even though more bandwidth is available

I am having an issue in almost all calls where they start out fine, with like 3000kbps up and down for all callers, then after a few minutes some of them will drop down to 150kbps or less and the call quality becomes horrible. This happens in p2p and non p2p calls.

A refresh of the page will always fix the issue and bring the speed back up with good quality audio and video. Are there any config changes i could possibly make that might fix this? Is it a problem in bandwidth estimations or jitsi version or chrome?

So it seems like this is a problem with Google chrome actually. Bandwidth never goes over a certain amount and it is never sustained.

When using Firefox I was able to keep a solid 5mbps - 6mbps upload and download. Only downside is occasionally some computers will have some problems with camera access in Firefox.

Are there any known issues with Jitsi/WebRTC in Google Chrome 70 through 72?

Check for packet loss.
Which version of jitsi?

version 3383. However I will be updated later today to 3508 due to the Chrome 72 problems that were mentioned. Perhaps that might fix some of my problems with bandwidth as well.

Typically only 0-1% packet loss.

I’am using 3344 in production environment. Compared to 1622 older prod version its better about bandwidth estimation etc… and works much better even at bad network conditions… No such problem as described…

May be you can play with startBitrate, minBitrate within config.js

With Firefox being able to pump double the bandwidth of chrome though, I’m not sure how far i will get with that as a fix. However I will give those values a try in my config after I update to latest version if that brings no speed increases to Chrome.

Maybe this is because Firefox not able to do simulcast and always sending 720p.