Azure Load balancer with two jitisi shards

Dears;

I’ve deployed jitsi meet on two azure VMs with same config, hostname and certificate. with different udp ports to run on the same public IP address.

org.ice4j.ice.harvest.DISABLE_AWS_HARVESTER=true
#org.ice4j.ice.harvest.STUN_MAPPING_HARVESTER_ADDRESSES=meet-jit-si-turnrelay.jitsi.net:443
org.jitsi.videobridge.ENABLE_STATISTICS=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.STATISTICS_TRANSPORT =muc
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.HOSTNAME =localhost
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.DOMAIN=auth.meet2.expertapps.com.sa
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.USERNAME =jvb
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.PASSWORD =lLeLlbl7
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_JIDS=JvbBrewery@internal.auth.meet2.expertapps.com.sa
org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.user.shard.MUC_NICKNAME =ffc088c9-b89d-4fed-9e15-f3071b95279a
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.NAT_HARVESTER_LOCAL_ADDRESS=local address
org.ice4j.ice.harvest.NAT_HARVESTER_PUBLIC_ADDRESS =same public address on both
org.jitsi.videobridge.SINGLE_PORT_HARVESTER_PORT=10001 on server 1
org.jitsi.videobridge.SINGLE_PORT_HARVESTER_PORT=10002 on server 2

LB config as follows:
**LB rules:
80,443,3478, 5349
**nat rules:
10001 > server 1
10002 > server 2
**outbound rule:
all traffic from the two servers allowed
Session Presistence:
client IP + Protocol

The options available are:
Client IP
Client IP + Protocol
None

the problem is when i create a conference and send the url to some one, the load balancer doen’t route him to the same server and as a result he creates another conference with the same name on the second server.

What’s wrong with this installation?

This needs to be unique for each JVB.

AFAIK, these are no longer necerssary.

1 Like

already each server has a unique one, my problem is not the operational of the servers, the issue is in the load balancer routing, I need each one comming to specific conference to be routed to the server that runs that room

Maybe I’m not understanding your ask. Jicofo handles the loadbalancing of bridges, you don’t need any external component for that. But it looks like you’re perhaps asking about loadbalancing two shards. In that case, you need HAProxy with sticky urls to direct traffic to the right shard.

yes I’m talking about two shards, so the standard azure load balancer will not meet the proper required config, I’ve to user HAProxy … right?

No, it won’t, because you need something to direct the incoming traffic to the right meeting rooms. You need HAProxy for that. Nginx can also be used, but it’s not nearly as clean an option IMO.

1 Like