I am creating this topic inspired by the topic AWS Scalability Help for Jitsi and Jibri. I posted the question there but it seems like that is not getting enough attention.
I have an idea about auto-scaling on AWS but considering the data transfer cost on AWS, I am planning to work on a custom auto-scaling solution for Digitalocean. I could not find out a convincing workflow on DO for auto-scaling. I have some questions about the model meet.jit.si uses.
- Is there any specific reason for using NetworkOut for scaling meet.jit.si? Is it fine if we use CPU utilization? What is your recommendation?
- AFAIK, AWS will take some time to spin up the new servers. What if a number of requests come in for the meeting creation simultaneously? Is there a chance that those meetings start on available JVBs and the server crashes when more members join?
- On average, how many users c5.xlarge system can handle for a single session (all are using chrome, video is on)?
- Is it possible to span a meeting across multiple JVBs? For example 50 users on one JVB and 25 users on the other one, both are in the same meeting.
- Is there anyone running Jitsi on DO with auto-scaling?
Thanks in advance!