Authenticating users in rooms

Hello,

Is there a way to authenticate users in rooms? I saw some messages about JWT in the forum but I can not find any information on how to setup things for this nor forge the token? Also, I can not find any documentation about it.

Thanks a lot for your help

jwt is when you are embedding jitsi-meet in another app. You can use: https://github.com/jitsi/jicofo/blob/master/README.md#secure-domain

I want to embed it in another app, so can you point me to the right configuration/documentation for this?

All right, thanks for the link. I will try to run it using your docker-compose based project. Will share the configuration and other information here as soon as I can.

1 Like

OK it works with docker-compose and when using the jitsi meet external api :slightly_smiling_face:
Now, how can we use this with the mobile application? Imagine that:

• I have a website which embeds jitsi, deployed on its own domain with JWT auth enabled
  • When the user is on mobile, instead of using the mobile browser, I want to force him to open the mobile app with right parameters. Are there some ‘hooks’ on the mobile app I can use for this?
1 Like

For the record, you can open the mobile application by forging an URL like org.jitsi.meet:http://host/room?jwt=token

Hey there! Since you did this recently I really think others would benefit from your learnings with JWT and docker-compose :innocent:

@geleeroyale of course! Here is what I updated in the .env file:

# Enable authentication.
ENABLE_AUTH=1

# Enable guest access.
ENABLE_GUESTS=0

# Select authentication type: internal, jwt or ldap
AUTH_TYPE=jwt

# JWT auuthentication

# Application identifier.
JWT_APP_ID=my_jitsi_app_id

# Application secret known only to your token.
JWT_APP_SECRET=my_super_super_secret

# (Optional) Set asap_accepted_issuers as a comma separated list.
JWT_ACCEPTED_ISSUERS=linagora

# (Optional) Set asap_accepted_audiences as a comma separated list.
JWT_ACCEPTED_AUDIENCES=jitsi

Then I built a backend service which is able to generate a JWT token using the same information as defined in Jitsi. When a user wants to join a room, he first gets a JWT token from this new service and uses it in mobile or external API client.

1 Like

Hello, can jwt and ldap authentication work at the same time?
Thank you!

how could you open env file?