Auth errors on setting up transcription

I’ve got a jitsi server set up for LDAP authentication. I’ve jigasi working with SIP and was attempting to set up transcription. I believe I’ve followed the github instructions for setting things up, and I get a CC button in the UI. Unfortunately, I also get this:

2020-04-18 00:02:16.790 SEVERE: [40] impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.connectAndLogin().1003 Failed to connect to XMPP service
    org.jivesoftware.smack.sasl.SASLErrorException: SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized
    	at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticationFailed(SASLAuthentication.java:292)
    	at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.parsePackets(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1100)
    	at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.access$300(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1000)
    	at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader$1.run(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1016)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

in the jigasi.log. And this in the jicofo.log:

Jicofo 2020-04-18 00:11:03.915 SEVERE: [80] org.jitsi.jicofo.jigasi.TranscriberManager.log() Error finding room for null
Jicofo 2020-04-18 00:11:03.916 INFO: [80] org.jitsi.jicofo.jigasi.TranscriberManager.log() Attempting to invite transcriber
Jicofo 2020-04-18 00:11:03.919 WARNING: [80] org.jitsi.jicofo.jigasi.TranscriberManager.log() Unable to invite transcriber due to no Jigasi instances being available

I know from reading previous posts that this is some kind of authentication error (missing user or wrong password), but I’ve checked and cross checked my jabber user (created for transcription), and user and password seem to exist.

Also, maybe related, maybe not…on rebooting the box, it sometimes comes up with an issue where the callcontrol component is not connected. From what I’ve read, this too may be a user/password issue, however…restarting jigasi often (but not always) resolves the issue. The error I see is:

Apr 17 23:55:57 callcontrol.mydomain.tld:component warn Component not connected, bouncing error for: <iq id='vnrW0-1122' type='get' to='callcontrol.mydomain.tld' from='focus@auth.mydomain.tld/focus12171438346'>

When it resolves, I see this:

Apr 17 23:55:58 callcontrol.mydomain.tld:component info External component successfully authenticated

I’ve checked the focus user, and even set a known password into prosody and jicofo/config…nothing changes…

Anyone have any clues where I can look to fix these issues?

I’ve resolved a few of the problems:

1. My base64 password had an extra character in it (newline…duh)
  2. I’ve read a few posts and figured out t needed to disable components in jigasi when I enabled the brewery (stopped the component registration madness)

Now just need to figure out how to use a single Jigasi for both recording and sip and not have either my SIP users come into the hiddenDomain or my transscriber visiable…any clues here?

Found net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.acc1403273890647.PREVENT_AUTH_LOGIN=true

Probably pays to read the config files more carefully! :slight_smile: