Audiocontext was not allowed to start in lib-jitsi-meet

I’m developing a video chat application using lib-jitsi-meet. It’s all working fine in Firefox, but when it comes to Chrome, it throws the following error in the console.

lib-jitsi-meet.min.js:1 The AudioContext was not allowed to start. It must be resumed (or created) after a user gesture on the page.

The participant can’t use the microphone in the Chrome browser because of this error. I know this is related to the changes in Chrome autoplay policies. I could’ve done something if I’m using the pure web audio API, however, I couldn’t understand what should I do to avoid this in lib-jitsi-meet.

I searched for this error in Jitsi community forums and many other places but didn’t find any helpful answer to circumvent this.

How can I overcome this issue so that video chat participants from the Chrome browser can use their microphones and hear what others are saying? Thank you for all the helpful suggestions.

This problem was solved. Please check the following StackOverflow answer for more detail.