I created an issue for this on jitsi-meet github page (https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/issues/6426) however I discovered the issue while trying to integrate the lib-jitsi-meet directly in to an app I’m building so I’m fairly sure it’s a problem in the low level-api
I’ve not got much experience with video - only what I’ve picked up in the last week or so from playing around with Jitsi, Twilio Video and OpenTok. But I’m loving the jitsi project - not least the fact that it’s open source and potentially a much cheaper option than the other two I just mentioned!
Happy to help try and fix the issue if anyone who’s a bit more familiar with the code base can point me in the right direction?
Steps to recreate (taken from my original github issue)
- Start a new conference on https://meet.jit.si
- Join conference with user 1 on iPad
- Join conference with user 2 on any other device
- User 2 leaves the conference (goes to another web page OR refreshes their browser)
- User 2 returns to the same conference
- User 1 (on iPad) will be able to see the video of the returning user 2 but not hear their audio